Country
uk
State
uk
City
bristol
Hi,
This is my first post.

I am 40 and in May 2013 had a virus which kept me out of action for a week and a half.Following that I regularly woke up with aching shoulders, neck and arms, it felt like I'd gone to the gym but I hadn't done any exercise at all.
In July I noticed I was dropping things e.g milk out of the fridge,and also started banging cups/plates into cupboards as I wasn't lifting them high enough.Shortly after this I noticed fasciculations everywhere - hands,biceps,triceps,cheeks and even on top of my head. This prompted me to see a Dr who refered me to a neuro (still waiting).
At present don't appear to have any obvious weakness,but there seems to be some muscle loss on my left shoulder - although it doesn't affect me lifting weights and strength is the same as my left shoulder. For the last four days my middle finger on my right hand has had a mind of its own, its moves from left to right and up and down. I also have trouble reaching high pitch sounds.
If I have got ALS roughly how long would you expect it takes before I start to show obvious weakness? or does this seem more like BFS. any response is appreciated.

I would wait and see the dr before I started to worry about a fatal disease. It could still be anything at this point, to include a virus or vitamin deficiency. Be patient, I am sure the dr. will figure it out and you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back