Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Leicestershire
City
Leicester
Hi All,

I am still experiencing my one toe spasm'ing every day for the last 3 months, sometimes every few seconds sometimes I only notice it a few times a day but it is daily.

If i rest my foot flat on the floor its more noticeable and feels like i have something curling behind the toes.

The good thing is i can move the toes fine still. But the toes on that foot and one or two on the other foot do occasionally give me a numb sensation, which is soon eradicated when i move the toe. so I really don't know what is going on.

I've seen a chiropopdist who did a physical examination who cant see any signs of any neurological diseases. I've seen a private Neuro who said the same thing when doing a check up. And the neuro i saw through my GP said he couldnt find anything with my physical examination that indicated anything was wrong but said he didnt want to discount my symptoms so has arranged me to have an MRI of my head ( 24th Dec) and an EMG ( Nothing received yet)

Should I be worried? Thoughts happily welcomed, both positive or negative

Has Morton's neuroma been ruled out?

Has Morton's neuroma been ruled out?

Thanks for replying. No it hasn't been ruled out nor has it been mentioned,

Having just googled it to find out what it is, it does appear to be that toe or group of toes affected, having said that it's not painful for me and never has been? neither has it tingled. :S

Hi Dave

I know its not what you want to hear but until they do the tests, you aren't going to have any answers. It can be very frustrating. I am pulling for you though. I hope you enjoy the holidays.

Hi Dave

I know its not what you want to hear but until they do the tests, you aren't going to have any answers. It can be very frustrating. I am pulling for you though. I hope you enjoy the holidays.

Thanks Vicki, The Neuro did say he doesnt think anything is wrong, but will have a look for inflammation of the brain, and my peripheral nerves with the EMG. It may be naive of me, but do you think MND is something i should consider it to be considering the toe has been spasm/twitching inside for the last 3 months constantly?

I'm still able to play sport which is good so i guess there is no weakness.

Sorry i just noticed from my original post I meant chiropracter not chiropist. I am seeing a podiatrist aswell but that is in relation to veruccas under my foot.

I don't think so. But the emg can tell if there is a pinched nerve or if they are just BFS. Too hard to call.

Does MND ever start in a toe and spasm for 3 months in an early stage? It seems that when I wake up it doesn't do anything but then as the day goes by it comes on. Sometimes I can feel it buzzing when playing football and sometimes It's fine when walking. But never any pain associated with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back