Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Massapequa
Hello all ,
Thank you for reading my post. Quick info on me. I've had fasciculations all over my body for four months including face lip and neck. I had EMG done had some chronic denervation from back surgery, also had a + 1 fib in my left bicep which has scared me very much. Doctor said everyone gets them here and there. He is my question , it has to do with bulpar onset. Left side of my face feels very weird have some pain in jaw joint area But most of that side feels like its numb but it's not I still have feeling, I feel my words sometimes don't come out right. No fasciculations on my tongue. Can someone tell me if this sounds like beginning of bulpar als. Thank you for taking time to look at my post

What did the doctor say? I am no doctor but could it be TMJ (Temporomandibular joint and muscle disorder)?

The early signs of bulbar are trouble swallowing liquids and slurring (like you were drunk) of speech.

If you are really concerned go back to the doctor. Only they can really quell your fears.

Hi thank you for responding I'm going back next week, I was told I really wouldn't have pain if it was Bulpar , you just read so much you start getting very confused.
Thank you again for your info.

Will

Have you read the stickies ? They answer lots of questions and have an abundance of information there. That is where I would start if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back