Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
NOVA
As a I type this question I feel kind of foolish because this is probably a dumb question. Anyway, is it possible to have symptoms in your limbs and the bulbar region at the same time. I've been dealing with issues in my hands and arms since early summer. In the last week or two I have noticed an increase in my saliva and I feel as if drool is going to come out the side of my mouth. Of course when I look online, there is conflicting info about about als and excessive saliva. Some sites there is no increase in saliva, just a difficulty in swallowing. Other sites an increase is or can be a first symptom in the bulbar region, so I'm quite confused.

Anyone have any thoughts and thanks in advance.

As you know, we are not doc tors here. Have you seen a neurologist yet? They are the best person to see with these issues. Dr. Google just doesn't cut it. I've been in your position of wondering and worrying. So my heart goes out to you. Keep us posted.

As for me, my onset was in my hands. I have voice issues and involvement in upper and lower extremities.

I've been to the Neuro 4x, once for an initial checkup, then a n EMG/NCV exam, and then two follow up exams. So far I've been diagnosed with ulnar nerve entrapment in both arms and vitamin d deficiency. Initially I was ok with the diagnosis, but with the increase of twitching and now the increase saliva, I'm becoming very nervous and I feel like a hypochondriac.

Increased saliva can be caused by a number of things - post nasal drip, acid reflux etc.

Methinks you ought to stick with the carpal tunnel diagnosis and get it fixed. As you know, twitching is most often benign. Anxiety can and does exacerbate symptoms.

Enjoy the holidays and relax. Stay off the internet if you can too. You'll feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back