So scared again! Does this look like bulbar (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manyquestions

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CO
State
Bogota
City
Bogota
Hi! I just noticed that at rest my tongue is always moving does this look worrysome?
I cant feel them happening, i only notice them if I look at my tongue.

Please keep in mind that second 25 to second 28 is a voluntary movement, i noticed my tongue was not completly in a resting position so I adjusted it. So please disregard those movements.

looks perfectly normal

Really? What about the movements it makes?

We already addressed this. Only a dr can tell you if there is anything wrong and if I remember right you have seen several. I agree with Tillie. Did you see a dr for the anxiety? You are doing more harm to yourself with all this worry.

I have seen 1 doctor and had one clean emg, limbs and paraspinal. I just really wanted to know
If this what bulbar twitching looked like.

bulbar fasciculations look NOTHING like your video

my tongue behaves exactly the same way as yours

I'm not going to describe the bulbar fasciculations but you wouldn't even be able to hold your mouth still for half that video length, let alone anything else

leave your poor normal tongue alone please!

Thank u so much guys! This makes me feel
So much better! I will try not to look at my tongue anymore! And follow your advice! Please be sure that I admire all of you and that you and your families are in my prayers.

If you are still hung up on this ask for an EMG on your tongue. It doesn't hurt much..but like everyone else is telling you, if you don't have it via a doc's diagnosis or suspicions, then you are probably home safe.

No, with a clean EMG of limbs and paraspinals and if you guys say that healthy tongues move this way, I rather not keep testing myself and searching for the worst. I just wanted to make sure this wasnt what tongue twitching looked like.

My tongue was the first thing that was noticed, I couldn't feel it but it still moves like waves on the ocean, also my chin and whole body has faculations, if you have been checked out and are not choking , I wouldn't worry about it.

Janie: did it move like mine does in the video or was it diffrent? Was the twitching permanant?

Manyquestions - My tongue twitches, quivers, and moves like crazy on its own when it's resting in my mouth. It's completely normal and doesn't mean you have ALS.

Twitching has never stopped, goes more wavey than your video, I would send you one of mine if I knew how, right now my calfs and back are twitching, there is never a time when I look at my arms or legs and don't see twitches, it doesn't hurt, I didn't even know my tongue was twitching until the neurologist saw it, I just get choked on liquids a lot and knew something was wrong. Now my diaphragm is weak and my breathing is shallow, I can still walk and use my limbs, have slurred speach, that started early and is much worse now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back