Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Leicestershire
City
Leicester
Hi Everyone,

I've been away for a while to try and relax and stay off the net after i had a physical check up by a neuro who couldn't find anything wrong with me. However until this day something is definately going on under my toes on my right foot,

I dont even know if I can class it as a twitch, as I dont see it move but feel it, especially when my foot is pressed on the floor, it's as if tiny muscles under my toe is having heart palpitations accompanied with bugs crawling on the fascar. But more indicative in the same toe. I was just wondering if anyone can give any insight?

I had a bath last night and when i got out my toe spasm/twitches were going crazy, it seems to be more aggravated when i spread my toes out you can then see them moving, it's starting to affect my working life as i cant concentrate without feeling it under my foot, and the only way i get it off my mind is shaking my legs. There is no pain associated and i go running fine. And this has been going on now for over 2 months. When i go to the docs all im getting is anxiety tabs and no-one seems interested in looking.

The weird thing is in the same toe in the other foot it's started happening but not at the aggresive extent of the right foot and is intermittent and goes away.

I don't even know if its a twitch,spasm, clonus, myclonus, PNH, Mortons Neuroma, I thought if it was just BFS then it would go away maybe atleast for one day but its present every day. Im at a point of not putting my foot flat on the floor.

Possibly non related but i also find movements in my fingers or thumbs trigger sensations in my forearms and wrist usually burning/or tingling sensations which are intermittent usually worse at night.

Sorry for the long message, i just don't know what to do or where to go for answers as i probably am coming across as a hyperchondriact.

dave...your deffo a hypo......go see your doc...johnny

DaveSmith- With BFS, twitches that stay in one location, also called "hot spots", can hang around for a long. And by a long time, I mean weeks, months, and even years. There's need to worry about it.

Dave

This is only my opinion but I would try the meds they gave you for 6 months and see if it helps. If it doesn't work then you have a reason to go back to the dr and tell them it didn't work. 6 months is not that long and who knows it may work. BFS can be very annoying and people live with it for years.

I am not dismissing your problem, but in some illnesses like this it may take progression before they can determine if there is something serious going on.

Neuro didn't find anything wrong with you. Get another medical opinion in person from a professional or let it go. Best advice the internet can give you. What do you want to hear? Yes you have ALS? Seriously? If people said, trust your Neuro, would you believe it?

Apologies if I have offended anyone, I was just purely looking for advice and wasn't trying to imply that I have ALS. I was just seeing if these symptoms sounded familiar? Or indicative of something else. The twitches I get in the arch of my toe are persistent, they don't feel weak or stop me from doing sport. I've been taking anxiety tablets for almost a week now and nothing has changed. I have noticed the twitches in other body parts of stopped though. It's just strange that I am able to apply pressure to my toes and even make it go crazy

Some meds have to build up in the body before you see a benefit, that is why I said to give it 6 months. You are fine posting and addressing your fears.

give the meds time to work and live your life as a human not as a patient. Find something to focus on and enjoy. Try not to think about the toe thing, it will only make it worse. The fretting and worrying will not change the outcome good or bad, you are just wasting time better spent doing something else. We have all been in your shoes and we understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back