Learn about ALS
Country
QAT
State
qatar
City
Doha
Greetings to all.
Not a diagnosed but getting worse. I discuss with a neurologist and my brain MRI came back clear. The reflexes were good but…. I feel so bad. Each night is a nightmare for me. I have twitches all over my body pins and needles in my tongue and burnings that go till my stomach. My face is pinned by thousands of fine needles .I feel these needles around and even in my eyes, my mouth, my lips my gums. I feel my teeth like are not mine. .I went back to my neurologist and he told me that is the time to make some plans for the future as a person of 54y. The suggestion was to discuss with my family because we don’t know what’s “on the road”. He gave me injections with B1, B6, B12, some ordinary vitamins and an antidepressant. Day by day I’m getting worse. My last night was far worse than a nightmare because of my tongue and throat There were three or four episodes of mouth, tongue burning and strong vibrations in my chest like heart palpitation but more rapid that took my breath away for a short time. Even I was sedated I had clear fears that I’ll not reach the morning. I went to emergency by in this hospital no neurologist .They run for me some blood tests that came back normal (excepting the low platelets), normal. Conclusion: all what is there wrong with me is not caused by some missing electrolytes. I fell that whole my body is weaker than before but I can walk and do all the things with my hand. Right now when I’m writing I feel my upper part of my mouth, the very front part like a strong neuralgia, numb, a kind a fine tremor along my back bone and moderate chills. I’m scared, living far away from my home country, my kids, friends, my old father. How to tell my family? How to tell my daughter? She’s studding and alone in The States. She sees in me the person the loves her most and lives for her. I’m scared that I’ll throw her in a severe depression.
Please, please did someone experience the same symptoms? Do I have ALS? Is this sickness progressing so fast or it is something else in my body? What to do, on which path to go?
Sorry for English (it’s not my mother tongue, I learned it alone).Thank you all of you for the bottom of heart if you answer me or not.

It does not sound like ALS. You are reporting a lot of symptoms that are things you feel like pins and needles and burning which is not the way ALS is. I am sorry you are suffering. Can you find a neurologist and get an appointment?
Best wishes
Nikki

ANDMOM - It sounds nothing like ALS. It sounds more like severe anxiety. Feeling weak and being weak are two completely separate things. I have perceived weakness. I feel weak. My arms get tired easily. Someone with ALS IS weak. They can't lift their arm up or hold their toothbrush. There is a difference. I would keep on those antidepressants, continue seeing your doctor, and stay off ALS websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back