Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Wimbledon
City
London
Hi All,

I have been relaxed the last week or so. But I'm still 2 weeks later having twitches in around the same foot under the curl of your toes. If I put pressure on the toes the twitches go crazy but you can't see my toes moving it's like under the skin.

I tried to take relax it by using a foot spa and when I took my foot out at spread my toes my little toe was going a bit mental moving around. I seem to also get an occasion wave of vibrating sensation in the plantar arc of the foot between the heel and toes. I can't see any atrophy and toes don't feel week. I'm more worried that it's been in the same place for the last two weeks. Nothin in my right foot. Occasional twitches in different parts of my body particularly chest and arm but they come and go and don't happen as often.

Please can I have your thoughts.

I must admit my worrying started when my Creatine Kinase levels came back slightly elevated.

Slightly elevated Ck levels could be from simple exercise. Alcohol can raise it also. The more you think about twitching the more you will do it. Stress can cause terrible things to your body, raised blood pressure, fatigue and hair loss among other things.

If you are worried go to the dr. I don't think we can do anymore than we have already done for you. It is your choice to believe your drs and us. I wish you peace.

Oh - it's Saturday again?

So - what has your neurologist told you?

My appointment is only in November. There is no pain associated to this either.

I know it's a long time to November. My gut feeling is that you don't have ALS. You're just examining yourself excessively; worrying as you are, will not change final outcome. Try to relax and focus on your day to day activities. Fretting only magnifies everything, even the most benign - things that would not have concerned you a few months ago and things you never even noticed before. Highly recommend you stay off the Internet during the waiting period - it serves no useful purpose and only makes you even more anxious.

Thanks I will try, but it's hard when it randomly starts twitching. I played football today for 90 mins and dont notice anything then. I have noticed that i do struggle to put sentences together when i talk i feel like my tongue is being a bit lazy and im not pronouncing words correctly i dont know if thats always been the case or like you said, im thinking more about it so maybe im focusing on it more.. I dont really have any problems swallowing or drinking apart from if i have some bread occasionally i have to swallow twice as its right at the back of my thoat.And since being diagnosed with GERD 2 years ago ive always felt slightly harder swallowing. My girlfriend says she cant notice anything different when i talk.

I might be being a hyperchondriact but unless i ask for an external opinion the worry will only just build up.

The only other thing im getting is aching and the feeling of weak forearms. Which i understand if was ALS it wouldn't come and go feel weak then strong.

Sorry again for the constant posts. And I do appreciate all the replies i get. I'm 27 this time next week.

Hi,

I have toe twitches also and finger twitches sometimes..I already had a neuro appt and an EMG/NCV which came back normal (no MND) in my leg that had the twitching toe. I know it is hard to wait for your appointment but November is not that far. It will be here before you know it. If you are not experiencing weakness and/or atrophy you could have something like BFS or a vitamin deficiency. I am Vit D deficient and also have CFS/ME (fibromyalgia). You are young also which is good, especially if you have no family history of MND or ALS. Best to you..

Thanks Debd4l, I have no family history no. I have no idea what atrophy would look like on my toes but on the actual foot i cant notice anything. I do suffer quite badly with warts and verruccas and on the foot in question i actually have two warts 1 on either side of the toe where the constant worm under the toe keeps wriggling(my interpretation)

I would never of bothered worrying about this until i rang my docs and the receptionist said "oh your CK levels were slightly elevated at 350" and because i didnt know what that meant i googled it. My doctor wouldnt of bothered booking me a neuro appt if i didnt tell him about the achey/occasional weak arms i get and that when i play football i feel lightheaded with cold flashes occasionally. He said if it was MND or ALS it would of progressed by now( which from my understanding is not necessarily the case)

The only other thing i can think of with the toe thing is maybe peripheral nerve hyperexcitability Muscle twitching and cramp variants of nerve hyperexcitability

Again thanks for replying and giving me advice. I booked a private chiropracter appt to put my mind at rest where he checked all my strengths and reflexes which were fine. I explained the toe twitching but he didnt seem interested.

My only worry is I've just found something bad at a very early stage.

I also have an MRI of my neck/c-spine today. Will that give them any indication of Neuro problems?

Having this because i kept on at the doctor about my aches and pains in my neck/throat swallowing issues ( I do have GERD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back