Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Pensacola
Ok so this all started a week ago im 19 years old nobody in my family has a history of ALS well last week I was getting in the car to get lunch and I felt a burning sore pain in my right arm and it later progressed to numbness and feeling tingly and now its progressed to my arms and legs and in my left foot i have a twitch sometimes and i also feel weak and in my arms i feel pins and needles. I am scared to death I have ALS i have never had a health problem in my life sometimes in my arms it feels sore sometimes it feels numb and it feels like my hands are shaking but they really arent can someone help?

Nothing you have described sounds like ALS. You also have your age going for you. It is rare for someone your age to have ALS. It does indeed happen, but rare. However, ALS doesn't have the tingly feelings. Don't worry about ALS! If it keeps happening, definitely see a doctor, but I think you're in the clear for a fatal disease.

I think you can rest easy about als. It does not attack the body as a whole. It starts in a hand or foot and it does not spread that fast. I am not a dr but I would say you have pinched a nerve.

Go to your family dr and tell him/her what is going on. Als is a rare disease and even more rare for someone as young as you. Best thing you can do is no more looking up symptoms on the net and go to the dr.

Sorry my post went to moderation and will show up later.

is it uncommon for young people? and I havent really lost strength im still able to pick things up and walk and stuff but my muscles feel tired as im doing these tasks and my worst fear is being diagnosed with something i cant get out of

All you can do is go to the dr. I am not a dr but I doubt it is anything serious. It is very uncommon for young people. I think you can put your mind to rest.

It is extremely rare at your age. Even more rare if you have no family history Plus ALS does not affect all extremities in such quick succession. Also it is not a sensory illness ( it is not characterized by the sensations you described) it generally starts with loss of function in one area ( for example unable to button a shirt)

If you are sick please go to the doctor but ALS should not be on your list of concerns at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back