Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Sea
I posted the other day and got some great people respond to my post, they were very helpfuland understanding. Well I have another issue i'd like to discuss and hope i get someone who is knowledgable about EMG results. Quickly my backround, i had L5, S1 and L5, L4 fusion disk replacment, also had a setback after operation and had a shift on one of the disks which was the most psinful jolting pain you can ever imagin and had to wear a plastic body cast that went down my right leg to keep me from moving. ( it was removable ). My prior post i spoke of my twiches that ive had in my left and right calfs, also my left elbow which has stopped now and other areas around my body.I went to a respected neuroligist and he did a lower EMG. After this test he told me that I do not have ALS, he did see somethings on test but said not to worry But when you say that guess what..... I was sure he was saying this so i can enjoy sometime before it (als) really kicks in etc ...... so I requested my EMG and saw that i have no idea what it says. So I was hoping someone out there can help if i post my report with these "findings"

FINDINGS;

ALL NERVE CONDUCTION STUDIES REVEALED NORMAL LATENCIES, AMPLITUDES AND CONDUCTION VELOCITES.

EVALUATION OF THE LEFT PERONEAL F WAVEAND THE RIGHT PERONEAL F WAVE SHOW PROLONGED LATENCY (L61.04, R61.04 MS ) ALL REMAINING F WAVE LATENCIES WERE WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS.

H-FLEX STUDIES INDICATE THAT THE LEFT TIBIAL H-FLEX AND THE RIGHT TIBIAL H-FLEX SHOW PROLONGED LATENCY (L33.45, R32.18 MS )

EMG NEEDLE EVALUATION OF THE LEFT VASTUS LATERALIS AND THE RIGHT POSTERIOR TIBIALIS SHOWED SLIGHTLY INCREASED FASCICULATIONS AND INCREASED MOTOR UNIT AMPLITUDE. THE RIGHT ANTERIOR TIBIALIS SHOWED SLIGHTLY INCREASED FASCICULATIONS AND PRESENT POLYPHASIC POTENTIALS. ALL OTHER SAMPLED MUSCLES WERE IN NORMAL LIMITS.

IMPRESSION;

ABNORMAL STUDY SHOWING EVIDENCE OF CRONIC DENERVATION IN THE RIGHT L4 AND L5 NERVE ROOTS. THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF ACTIVE DENERVATIONS TO SUGGEST A MOTOR NEURON DISEASE.

SO THATS IT IN A NUTSHELL..... IF IT WAS CLEAN 100% I WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE ON, BUT ITS NOT SO IM BACK TO FREAKING OUT ..

Thanks to all..

BILL

You already posted this exact post. However to answer you it says no ALS but chronic nerve damage probably related to your spine issues. There are many things that show up on EMGs so please stop worrying. This is clean as far as ALS goes

Thanks for your reply Nikki ,
I thought I put it in the wrong forum because I really did not get any answers to the question, that was the reasoning of putting it in this forum.. I hope I'm not going to make people upset with doing that I will try go back and delete the other thread.

Thank you. : )

Bill

This sentence: THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF ACTIVE DENERVATIONS TO SUGGEST A MOTOR NEURON DISEASE.

No evidence of ALS = No ALS.

Time to celebrate.

Yeah, just like these guys said - your spine issues have caused some denervation in the past chronically, but you have no active disease process causing your nerves to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back