Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Tax
City
Fort Worth
My husband began having routine CK levels checked about 7 years ago. I can't remember what prompted the first test. I believe it was shoulder pain that we later attributed to an injury. His levels over the years have been on a roller coaster. As high as around 3000. As low as the 300's. Pretty consistently between 500-800. Been this way for years. He sees a rheumatologist. Has had an EMG which was basically normal (showed signs of mild, early carpal-tunnel disease). He basically has no symptoms. He hasn't lost any muscle mass, no measurable weakness, no twitching, no trouble speaking or swallowing. He has complained of mild muscle ache but his doctor thinks that's most likely related to statin use as the symptoms improve while off the meds. His Dr has mentioned a muscle biopsy in the past but didn't push it since he's stable. My question is, what's the likelihood of this being ALS? His ck levels concern me, but they've been elevated for so long with no symptoms. Any info is appreciated. I'm very worried. He's 47.

It doesn't sound anything like my ALS.

He is on statin's. Surely his cardiologist is monitoring his stats. What brings you to an ALS forum?

What is the likelihood. NONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back