Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OH
City
Columbus
Hi all. Have your doctors ever looked at you and scratched their heads in befuddlement at your "classic ALS symptoms"? The reason why is you don't have ALS, but that's a different story. I thought it would be interesting if some people on here posted symptoms that were "almost, but not quite ALS symptoms" so we can all see just how complicated we all are. Here's several of mine to get the ball rolling:

1) "Hand clumsiness" that corrects itself when the clumsy hand is wet
2) Leg weakness that improves a bit at around 4 pm every day
3) Muscle twitches that are more pronounced in the morning.
4) "Tongue fasciculations" that stop when you drink something

What about you guys?

I thought you had moved on... Having recently posted:

"I will Elaine. I've been mulling this decision for days. After I decided that all of my "symptoms" could be explained by anxiety (which I have a history of), I decided that enough is enough, and I needed to address my problem. I'll keep the boards posted on my progress. I hope my decision to help my mental state would end up inspiring someone else to do the same."

You have your whole life ahead of you to do something good for our world. Your newly minted PhD in hand ( and I hope framed!) is your ticket. Please, you earned it - now put it to good use.

Asking PALS to complete your survey, in my opinion, will not serve anyone. Least of all PALS. It will only feed your obsession.

Please, please get rid of your ALS / health anxiety before it ruins your life.

This survey is meant for people who are looking for a diagnosis, not PALS. It is meant to be a tongue-in-cheek, which I hope everyone would have picked up by the ridiculous exceptions to "ALS symptoms" that I listed. I wanted to get people to think about their "symptoms" and poke holes in the integrity of them. It's a type of exposure therapy that has been used by people suffering from health anxiety, and it was suggested to me by a therapist. I'm just trying to help myself and others, as I suggested in the last sentence of the post you quoted by me.

Elaine,

Honest question...did you even read my original post in this thread?

Yep I read it - ergo my reply.

My opinion is not swayed - you're still on the site and you do not have ALS. Nor are you caring for someone with ALS. So long as you visit here, your health anxiety will continue. People with no such issues do not troll on medical sites. They're too busy with life. As you ought to be. Failing which, perhaps you could ask the forum owner to open another subject line : " therapy " . You could hang your shingle there.:grin:

Thank you, Elaine! You handled this thread firmly, but with tact and gentleness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back