Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Beaumont
Hello everyone about 2 days ago I was sitting at my computer and then got in the bed only to feel and notice my right big toe twitching it twitched for awhile then it went away from that foot to the right foot. I went to the doctor that morning and she said I'm suffering from stress an anxiety and told me to relax. Since this happened the twitching has subsided but now I have the small buzzing feeling in my left foot and its not going away. Could I have ALS or do I just need to chill out an relax. I'm 20 years old and I do stress an worry a lot. Thank you for your responses.

I think you need to chill out and relax. 2 days is way to soon to be worrying about a fatal disease. Everyone twitches and think nothing of it. Go be happy and get out there and enjoy life. No more looking up symptoms on the net. I wish you peace.

Stress can do all sorts of things to our bodies. When I'm stressed, my eye twitches non-stop. Once it twitched for six months straight. ALS is a very rare disease. The chances of you having it at 20 years old are practically zero. Stop worrying - listen to your doctor - and try to find healthy ways to relieve your stress. Like exercise, prayer or meditation.

You do NOT have ALS.

Thanks I'm hoping this will pass over but when I'm alone those ALS thoughts come in my mind an consume me.

These ALS thoughts consume you because you allow it. Get some help to learn how to be the boss of yourself and your behaviour. You've got a wonderful life ahead of you, rife with possibilities. If you take positive action now to cure your anxieties - your life will be all it can be!

One more question. Today I noticed a constant very small/fine twitch in my right arm. I don't feel weak but I'm just too worried maybe anxiety is causing this to happen to me.

Tiredness and stress can make muscles twitch. If drs confirm you are well and you cannot switch off the anxiety about als try a counsellor don't spend your time here searching for symptoms. Why do you think of als do you know someone who had it?

Ottawa girl gave you wonderful advice that you should keep in your mind and repeat every time you worry about als. Do not worry about twitching either. Everyone twitches. I'm 38 years old and started twitching in my left arm 4 months ago. 2 days after it started the twitching spread to my entire body. I have literally twitched everywhere, with the exception of my teeth. And I still twitch to this day. It's the first thing that happens when I open my eyes in the morning. Like you, I also worried about als at first. In fact, I became so sick over the thought that I had it that I could barely function during the day. I was an emotional wreck. I now know I do not have als. I rarely come on this forum anymore and you should avoid it also as it will only feed your fears. I found out from my neurotologist that my twitching is related to an inner ear condition I have called Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome. It's where the person is missing part of the temporal bone near the brain. This condition has completely thrown my body off and caused odd symptoms because of the stress. My point is, there are so many reasons people twitch. And most of the time, people twitch for no reason at all. You are 20. It is practically unheard of for someone your age to develop als. Spend your time online looking up funny YouTube videos or going out with friends, things a 20 year old would enjoy, not searching for symptoms online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back