bluedog

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
The ALS neuro whom I've seen twice before moved my EMG up from the end of the month to yesterday.

The EMG showed similar findings to the last one: large MUPs in numerous muscles and 3 fasics in one muscle. No fibs or psw.

He said that I do not have ALS (99% certain) and that no follow-up is necessary. He cited numerous reasons, including no clinical weakness and lack of spontaneous activity on the series of EMGs.

I still feel that I've not been given a plausible benign reason for the presence of abnormal MUPs. But I've decided to take his overall conclusion of no ALS at face value and try to move on.

I am very happy for you! I hope as you move on you will be able to find a reason for your symptoms and feel better so you can enjoy a long and healthy life.

Good luck!
Nikki

5th time's a charm! What a surprise!

Guess you won't be moving to Oregon after all? Just moving on from here?

It's good news all around.

I still wonder how u have been able to get so ~many~ EMG s!

my emg findings are similar to yours and they are saying mitochondrial dysfunction diagnosed by biopsy - might be worth considering especially if your fatigue limits your life
no cure mind you so still have to get on and make the most of things
wish you the best

Where do you get the money to do all these EMGs bluedog? I'm thinking you live in a mansion in North Tuscon and buy 15 L bottles of Ace of Spades champagne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back