bluedog

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Couldn't wait until the end of the month. Had a fourth EMG done on Friday Aug 2nd with a Neuro Chiropractor.

A two-hour EMG, no NCS. He was very thorough and explained and recorded the results as he tested the muscles. He found large MUPs and large polyphasic MUPs in most muscles, a giant MUP, and a fibrillation in one muscle. No fasics or sharp waves. There were a ton of other findings, such as incomplete interference pattern, rapid firing MUPs, reduced recruitment, and reduced number of MUPs. I will get the report in a few days that will detail all the findings and contain the graphs.

My left triceps, which was tested twice before in other EMGs, is totally wasted. He stuck it many times but could not recruit anything.

I will forward the report to the ALS neuro I saw previously. That should get me an official diagnosis, although he may want to repeat the testing in order to get fibs in three regions.

The dr. was a nice guy, and he tried to come up with a rubik's cube of radiculapathies that could explain the findings. I thanked him for ferreting out the fibrillation and helping bring this undiagnosed nightmare closer to an end. So that the diagnosed nightmare can begin.

Blue dog its my understanding that large mups are a sign of denervation and reinervation-
you have very little spontaneous activity - why couldn't a virus have damaged yours nerves- why does it have to be als. It may be - I hope its not

Thanks for the reply oscar1. I hope that it is a virus or something else too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back