Learn about ALS
Country
ALG
State
alger
City
alger
Hello everyone
I'am 23 years old. I'm from Algeria and it's really hard to find a good neuron where I live.
my symptoms started 3 months ago after 2 weeks of a low grade fever
first I had weakness in my hand and it would shake when do something like using my phone. after a week the weakness went away but I had twitches in that hand. later the twitches became all over my body. I had them for two months. right now the twitches are usually in my legs and they I have them almost all the day. Sometimes they are visible and sometimes they'r like a vibration inside. I also have stiffness and cracking in my knees. I also have occasional weakness and twitching in my mouth that comes and goes
I traveled to tunisia to see a doctor he did an EMG in my hand (which took only 10 mins) and I did blood tests and everything was fine (calcium,magnesium..etc) .
my questions are:
can this be ALS ?
is EMG for 10 mins and in a limb without symptoms enough to rule it out
can a long time of computer use cause these symptoms (I'v been using it for 10 hours daily for a long time)
thank you so much. I know I should'v posted in the bfs forum but they didnt approve my registration.

Most likely the symptoms you are having are from the virus you had...sometimes this can happen when u get a virus it can sometimes tinker around a bit with your nervous system...when this happens, it can take a while for the symptoms to subside but u may always twitch on some level...You should feel very reassured that its not anything serious with your good test results...You can look into a condition called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS)...it can be caused by virus or meds...stress...ect...so worth looking into as your symptoms sound like they would fit that one very well..

Take care

Robynn :)

my doctor thinks my symptoms are caused by anxiety. He put me Prazepam (a kind of benzodiazepine) for a month and my twitches are so much better after only 2 days. the problem is I'm afraid of taking benzodiazepines because i hear they'r addictive.

Sometimes you have to choose your poison. You either do what the doctor says or fin another one. Not many other choices unfortunately.

positive als sympthoms do not go away

positive als sympthoms do not go away

Exactly. They never go away nor get better. They only get...worse, worse and, worse.
Anybody with symptoms of any muscular problem that get better over the time definitely do not have ALS/MND.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back