Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
oklahoma
City
tulsa
Hi

First I would like to say that I dont want to waste anyone's time. And I apologize if I end up doing so. I tried to read up on this dieses to see if I could find the answers to my questions myself. I ended up just becoming more panicked. so I am hoping someone with much more knowledge on this can answer my questions and hopefully give me some peace of mind.*

I am a 23 year old female, and I would say I am in good health.*So it all started a little less than a year ago my muscles in my arms and legs felt heavy, tired and weak. I guess rubbery would be the best way to describe it.. and I noticed that my muscles would Spasm or twitch And they would cramp off and on throughout the day. I went to my doctor and told her about my muscle issue and I had been feeling fatigued, had some shortness of breath and uneasy, like something was just not right. She took my blood pressure, ran some tests and said everything came back normal, and really didn't give a reason why I was feeling this way. so I just brushed it off as something that happens and dealt with it until I didn't notice it anymore.. it has come back off and on for a while now and i just recently decided to look up my symptoms and that is when I found als, but that wasn't what made me panic I started reading all the symptoms and read that having trouble swallowing and a sore throat were some of the early symptoms I had not even connected the two but for the past few months now I have had trouble swallowing my food it doesn't happen all the time and I don't even know if its really connected.. well I immediately paniced thinking that they were connected. Now I have read the stickies and I understand that there's a difference between your muscles feeling weak and being weak and I understand that trouble swallowing is a lot more difficult than just your food and my symptoms have not been consistent. My muscles still cramp up and I'm still noticing muscle spasms and jerking... what my concern is, is this the beginning of ALS or am I working myself up?

I posted this in the wrong forum, so I am re-posting in the right one..

Sorry for all the mistakes I couldn't go back and edit it..

I think you are over reacting. ALS does not come and go. Oh, how I wish it would... go.

But I digress.

Please go back and speak to your GP. It could one of many highly fixable conditions. Or nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back