Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Some state
City
Some city
Hi,
This is my second post,i posted a week ago with symptoms of a stiff arm only to be reassured by a loving person that i had nothing to worry.The reason i'm posting again is that apart from a stiff right arm,a feeling of weakness let me be more precise which doesn't prevent me or inhibit me from doing my daily routine in any way up until now,i have started feeling that my right leg is weak too.Again this weakness in my right leg has not really prevented or stopped me from doing my daily routine or even made me try harder.Thing is i have no symptoms of ALS either in my right arm or my right leg APART FROM THE FEELING OF WEAKNESS,which up until now hasn't made my mobility more difficult than it was before.The feeling of weakness in the right arm started about a month ago and just today i started feeling the weakness in my right leg;is it possible that it spread so fast from my right arm to my right leg too?in a month?and with no symptoms in my right arm apart from this feeling of weakness?is it possible that at the onset of ALS the disease can start from the right arm,with very mild symptoms like only a feeling of weakness and nothing more,and then spread to the right leg too?or when ALS hits a certain area of the body,like the right arm,it focuses on this area and damages it completely before spreading to another area of the body?I am male,34 years old and terrified.Anybody that has the kindness to provide some valuable info and opinion is welcome!

A worried person.............:cry:

Have you been to see a Neurologist?
Has an EMG been performed in your muscles?

Please, do not jump to conclusions that you have ALS/MND without having been seen by a Neurologist with an speciality in Neuromuscular diseases.

Any self-diagnosis by yourself or anybody else who is not a Doctor is plain wrong.

Carlos

This feeling of weakness, could be just fatigue. Going to the dr should be your first step. I very seriously doubt you have als. But only a dr can say for sure.

You should not be worrying your self sick. Go to the dr and put your fears to rest. Not saying something isn't wrong but please don't stop living your life waiting to find out. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back