Learn about ALS
Country
arg
State
buenos aires
City
buenos aires
Hi
* I would like to help you guys, I'm having a strange feeling when swallowing, as phlegm in the throat. I also feel that sometimes my words are not being properly informed, for example, by changing r l. I'm really worried I may have bulbar ALS progression.
I can do the tests for my language, I can move it side to side very quickly, I also have muscle spasms all over my body too, I do not choke when drinking water or eating food, but I feel strange when I swallow my own saliva, spit. I also feel my throat (atthe base of my tongue dry and other times as phlegm). Any ideas on this?
It seems that your disease onset (early stage).
I appreciate the opinion of all

What did your doctor say?

I'm still trying to score with neuro

We would never stop you from going to a doctor, only they can give you a good answer after examining you. But for your peace of mind, unless other people think you are slurring and are having trouble understanding you often or you start choking, I wouldn't worry about it.

My symptoms started with getting choked on liquids and food, I went to the doctor and my tongue has fasciculations constantly, then muscle fasciculations all over, I was diagnosed with bulbar palsey on the 18th of June. nothing has changed since. I feel fine, I tilt my head forward when drinking, chin to the chest, it helps me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back