Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MS
City
Madison
I have been ready these forums for a few days and now I have decided to get some insight. I started having strange sensations in the end of 2011...tingling at the temple area, band around head feeling, couldn't think clearly, etc. Things seemed to get a little better but then I started getting these weird twitches on my scalp (like a fly landed on it) that has been going on for almost a year and a half. for the last several months my fingers started twitching, weird tickling feeling in my lungs (on and off), vibrations in left leg, when I write or type I constantly have to fix the spelling b/c I mix the order of letters (very weird and very noticeable), and now my calves and arms/forearms are feeling weak and heavy AND those muscles are now twitching! Had an MRI at end of 2011 that was normal. Several GP say stress! Don't think so. Something is not right. I have a Neuro appt in a month. Hopefully something will give. I am very worried about Als and ms and all the other google nightmares! One thing is real...I am twitching all over (eyelids, arms, legs, stomach) and I have strange weak feeling in legs and arms (mostly left forearm, it's kinda hard to use it if that makes sense). Left foot had asleep feeling for few days and now left forearm doing the same along with cramp like feeling....just doesn't want to work right! Any ideas?

Want to add that biggest issues now are twitching (face, eyelids, arms, legs, scalp, stomach) and weakness/cramping (cramping may not be right ...just feel hard to use muscles is more appropriate). The other big thing is feeling of off balance (not dizzy) and can't really think clearly. Blood work was fine (for b12 and magnesium, along with the other lab stuff)Thanks

Good news! From my experience, the ALS twitches are nothing like you describe. Feeling weak, is very different then being weak. Please read the stickies for additional details.

In my own case, first came weakness (clinical), then atrophy, then twitching -and this only in the affected limb.

Hope you get answers from your doctor - I'm betting it's not ALS.

Thanks for your reply...sorry about the stickies. Never posted on any forum before. I am just very scared about what's going on. Two years of strange health problems is about to drive me nuts!

Two years is fantastic news - as it relates to ALS. You would for sure, by now, have unmistakable symptoms given that our prognosis is typically 2 to 5, or 3 to 6 years depending on who you ask.

Good luck in getting answers, be your own best advocate, but i think its safe for you to take ALS off the menu in your mind.

Thank you again...hopefully good news will come very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back