Not open for further replies.

Dave454

Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
City
Regina
Hello i'm a 28 year old male who has suffered through some pretty strange stuff the past 2 years. March 2011 don't remember what day but i was sitting in my living room watching TV and i turned my head to the left to look out my window and i had something strange happen to my head, to sum it up it felt like someone started to grab it and shake it like a can of paint with a buzzing and vibrating feeling it lasted 3-5 seconds. It really freaked for the next few days i felt as if i was weaker and it could happen at any moment,it passed and i went on with my life not thinking much of it. So december rolls around i wake up with a strange feeling in my chest as if my heart is skipping a beat every 6 seconds, so i went to the ER and told them what was going on, 3 hours pass as i'm hooked up to a machine and the nurses/doctors say yeah you have palpitations, the rate started to decrease and eventually stop.Doctor said it was normal for someone who was as heavy as me.. I was 535 pounds but i carried it well in fact the nurses didn't believe it nor did the doctor they weighed me on 3 different scales, they sent me home and the doctor gave me a speech about my weight i shrugged it off as anyone suffering from being that obese would. So suffering from the odd Heart palpitation March 2012 comes around knowing the date this time because it's the day i changed my life i woke up was in the bathroom looked at the mirror, saw myself and literally said WTF i was shocked how large i was i said okay time to lose weight right?Let me sum 1 year up quickly since i have already typed too much, September 2012 the 22nd comes along this time i weigh 380 pounds out of the blue i started having vertigo extremely bad vertigo followed by a " Being on a boat sensation" 5 days passed, Still suffering from vertigo i went to the ER same nurse she looked at me and said wow you lost alot of weight...Skipping to the point Doctor did a physical exam they did a CT scan everything came out good. With everything i told him he said, you have a Neuro Virus that prolly came in through the eyes... i was like okay.. he gave me 3 different types of pills i remember one Teva bethahistine but not the other 2 over the next week taking the pills made my heart rave but the vertigo and the boat sensation stopped.March this year i woke up dizzy vertigo boat sensation 10x worse.So i went to my Family doctor.. at this point im 340 pounds told the doc my problems she said anxiety i was like ? She put me on Welbrutrin 150mg once daily teva bethahistine 16mg 3 times daily and xanax to sleep, this was really hard to sleep with so the xanax helped. Two weeks go by same thing she upped the dose on my welbrutrin to 300mg once daily and said okay time to see the Neurologist got in really quick the following week The Neurologists Intern checked me over he came in and said inner ear go to a ENT at this point i feel like a carrot is in front of me but no matter how much i walk towards it, i never get a bite. A Week passes I'm at the ENT they can't figure out anything wrong...Go back to my doctor she says it's probably BPV and until i can drop the weight under 300 pounds i can't get a MRI. This has controlled my life being dizzy everyday. So now 2 weeks ago i notices my left thumb was moving on it's own and at the bottom you could see it pulsing it went away 2 days later. Starting 2 days ago it came back 1 hour into it moved to my other thumb and now i twitch everywere, No tremors little Finger spasms here or there and all remain painless my left calve wont stop but like i said it's all over my body not the face though. i have also had a sore shoulder since march 2012 and a sore back since last week (Lower Back) Thanks to all that read this and whoever replies and for all those that are suffering from ALS my heart goes out to you.

Nothing sounds like ALS! Great work in the weight loss. Well done.

Read the stickies - body side twitching is NOT a symptom.
Nor does it usually start in two limbs at the same time.

I work for an imaging center and our MRI goes up to 650lbs. I see you are in Canada so I'm not sure of their referral process but I would ask for a referral to a large medical center. There are lots of people over 300lbs and not obese (like professional athletes) that get and need MRIs.

Also, and I know this is a mortifying thought, but we have sent people to the zoo before because their MRI goes well over 650lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back