Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Bath
First of all let me say thank you to all that participate in this forum. You are all amazing people for simply helping.

On May 2nd I finished a hard bicep workout. Hours later at home my left bicep began twitching(No big deal. It does this often) Well, the twitching has been NON-STOP for almost a month now. It's even visibly twitches while I sleep. I went to my family doc who did blood work and my b12 was low normal(295). So I have been getting b12 shots hoping this would stop the twitching. It hasn't. He gave me valium to help me relax to see if this would help. It didn't.

I do not feel weakness or balance issues. I do not see any size difference in my bicep. I have had a years worth of "bad swallowing"(no jokes plz :) ) Often when I would take a drink of a liquid at dinner it would go down the wrong tube and I would go into a coughing fit. This of course worries me a bit.

I'm doing my best to not worry.(My best at not worrying sucks right now) Hopefully my EMG will give me some good news. Go go BFS.

Thanks again to all who are in this forum. You are amazing.

back off on bicep workouts. have you tried creatine before and after workouts. listen to your body

Twitching for what - 25 days? And you're looking at ALS - a terminal disease?

Please read the stickies. Trust me, you would not be doing hard workouts- even 25 days ago- if the twitching is caused by ALS. Twitching starts only AFTER clinical weakness ( and in my case atrophy as well). By the time I had twitching, my toothbrush weighed a ton and buttons, zip lock bags and jars were impossible. That's when I went to the doctor.

The swallowing issues can be do to a number if factors - often time gulping air with the drink, or talking before your mouth is empty.

Is there anyone on this forum with ALS or seeking an ALS diagnosis who wasn't/isn't a weightlifter?

My advice is to stop lifting weights immediately, and never step foot in a gym again. I wish I knew enough to do that 40 years ago.

Also, do not run, play basketball, or do any other form of vigorous excercise. Get a dog, and walk it around the block if you want. That should be the extent of it. You're better off taking up smoking than exercise. Wish I had.

Also, do not run, play basketball, or do any other form of vigorous excercise. Get a dog, and walk it around the block if you want. That should be the extent of it. You're better off taking up smoking than exercise. Wish I had.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

UPDATE: I just had my EMG. The THREE neurosurgeons that were in the room could not understand why I have had constant twitches for a month. They all agreed I don't have ALS or MS! I can deal with most things besides those.

GOOD LUCK to everyone here. The people with new symptoms that are terrified and those diagnosed ALS sufferers. I pray for you!

This is my first post in this forum ( I mostly read) :) I just had to reply to this one. Nano, I am so happy for you. This is one of the happiest days of your life. As I read your post of the EMG results, I had the biggest smile. :D Bless you & thank you for the prayers.

UPDATE: I just had my EMG. The THREE neurosurgeons that were in the room could not understand why I have had constant twitches for a month. They all agreed I don't have ALS or MS! I can deal with most things besides those.

GOOD LUCK to everyone here. The people with new symptoms that are terrified and those diagnosed ALS sufferers. I pray for you!

Happy for you! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please, get the word out about ALS. We have an orphan disease - we need more research dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back