Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Rochester
So I'll try and keep this as brief as possible. I'm a 20 year old male who is wondering about ALS and if I have it. Background: I've had occasional leg twitches but not frequent enough to make me realize it (Im a runner and do a lot of running so I suppose the twitches every now and then could be caused by this). Also over the past 4-5 years my vision has gotten worse and I have needed glasses (hasn't gotten worse in the past year or two) and every now and then I experience a moment of decreased vision like if I stand quickly or something along those lines. I've had the bottom of my foot cramp but only if I had been stretching my calf a lot and since they are connected. Then last week I had a night of heavy drinking and woke up to experience gradual numbness in the right side of my face and my fingers somewhat. I also felt very dizzy and like I was going to pass out. The dizziness subsided but the numbness/tingling in the right side of my face remained. The next day I was dizzy but it subsided as time went by. I told my doctor the next day and he said it was anxiety issues and to get rest. I felt fine for a day then I began to run again and I experienced dizziness and light headedness as a result. The next symptom was what led me to think ALS. The day after my dizziness/light-head I had a strange sensation in my foot which over the course of 6-7 hours spread to my leg (specifically to above my knee) and turned into an almost tight feeling. I can't tell if it's weak or not but the next day its just an overall strange feeling in the right side of my body. My right side is definitely colder and feels a little laggy. So basically what I'm feeling right now is tired with a little head fuzziness and my right side feels off. More specifically, right foot is cold, right side muscles above the knee seem weak and right arm seems a little heavier. Lastly the right side of my head has a similar feeling. Not sure what all this points to and my mom seems to think all this was caused by a stressful finals week and such and now everything else is just being insanely anxious and stressed. I've never been so worried or stressed in my life so I can't even think straight to be honest, which is why I began searching the internet looking for clues.

PLEASE ! Heavy drinking = dizziness!

Nothing sounds remotely like ALS. If you dont think your Mom is correct, take a run over to your doctor's office since you're stressed and worried.

heavy drinking causes dehydration, thus dizziness, tiredness and laggy feeling. Stress and anxiety will make it all worse. If you are in the middle of finals, tired, dehydrated and not eating properly you are not going to feel well. But we are not drs.

You are much too young for als and you have other things to worry about, like underage drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back