00/0000
Country
AU
State
NS
City
Sydney
Hello everyone,

I just want to start off by saying, I don't mean any disrespect but I've been getting these symptoms and I'm really not sure where to go next.

I'm a 24 year old male, I started a new job about 8 - 9 months ago and I work 12 hour minimum days, about 3 months the after starting I woke up one morning after drinking pretty heavily the night before with a headache but it was only on the left side of my head, a couple of days went by and I noticed this strange feeling in my right forearm, went to pick up my phone and my right hand started to shake, so I swapped to my left hand and nothing it didn't move, so left it for a couple of weeks and it was still happening, now I had previously been to a chiropractor because I have an internal rotation of my right shoulder and he had been giving me adjustments. Thought it might have had something to do with that so went to the doctors and he checked me for carpal tunnel, but said couldn't see anything and It's probably nothing. Then I noticed it when using a mouse and on my pc, my hand had a sort of weakness to it just with light movements. Left it for a while and noticed I started getting a weakness on the right side of my face and only a little bit but saliva build up on the right side of my lips. The muscles still worked but just felt weaker than the left when smiling or laughing. Then my right leg, and found when moving my rightside would ffatigue faster than the left. Went to back to the doctors had blood tests, came back fine, and just recently went for an mri and came back clear. But I've started noticing twitches all over and kind of like muscles pulsating but on both sides and this has been now progressing over about 5 months and with tests coming back clear I'm starting to freak out. The doctor suggested a neurologist but I can't afford to at the moment, they are quite expensive.

Appareciate any and all feed back. Thank you.

Only a neuro can properly answer your questions. Twitching in als is not until the late stages as the muscle and nerves are dying. So my guess is that you do not have als. I would relax and stop the internet searches. Anxiety can cause twitches to become worse. If they persist, then go back to the dr. Some one your age has a very low risk of als.

My post went to moderation. It will show up later after it has been approved.

Thank you for responding too, I also forgot to mention a few times I had these vibration feelings like I was buzzing internally and for about 3 weeks had this massive red rash on my neck around where my Adams apple is and it was like the itching feeling just wouldn't go away. Dr told me is was psoriasis but it disappeared without any cream or medication?

Your symptoms do not anything like ALS.
We are not doctors, so if your GP suggested you see a neuro, that's what you should do.

Ask your family and friends or bank for a loan, if necessary. Coming on this site will not help you one iota, and I fear, may only lead you to worry more.

Thank you for all your responses, I do appreciate it. I went and got a referral to a neurologist but it's going to take a month to get in and see her. Now finding that my right arm just doesn't respond as much, I'm right handed and if I go to say pick up a drink or grab something I do it with my left hand now, Dr Said it didn't sound like a pinched nerve because that shouldn't affect my face or my leg but he doesn't know so he referred me.
Thank you all again for your help and suggestions.

I've booked in a neurologist but I can't see them for a month, also noticed my whole right side has atrophy, down to my foot feels loose in my shoe and jeans and t shirts feel baggy just on my right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back