Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Springfield
First of all I am very sorry to have to resort to posting here, but I need opinions. My Mother was recently diagnosed with laryngeal cancer and it took a good year of her pushing for herself for doctors to be taken seriously.

Full disclosure upon my first doctors visit I was diagnosed with deficient vitamin d at a level 20. Beyond that I have been referred to a pt as all my other bloodwork came out clean.

About a month ago I noticed stiffness in my right thigh which becomes more rigid as I carry heavier things ...such as my daughters baby carrier or anything over. 15 pounds. I do have twitching all over and foot cramps in both legs but they are much more apparent and dominant in the stiff one. The stiffness starts in my middle thigh and extends to my knee.

Within 2 weeks I then started with swallowing issues - excess saliva and mucus. I did have a cough for about 2 months that wouldn't go away, possible allergies. It is now pretty much gone and I seem to have more mucus, constant in my chest and excess saliva. And food seems to get stuck or feel stuck in my chest.

Should I be concerned or could this be related to vitamin d? I know I have pain time to time in all muscles, but not usually in the one that is stiff. The stiffness concerns me mainly.

Thank you for your time.

Vitamin d deficiency can cause bone and muscle pain. You may want to look into crohns disease or celiac disease. Als doesn't have pain until late stages and same for twitching.

If you are truly concerned you should go back to your dr. I hope you get better soon.

Sorry my post went to moderation. Stay tuned.

Should I be concerned or could this be related to vitamin d? I know I have pain time to time in all muscles, but not usually in the one that is stiff.

You should be concerned.....................but not about ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back