Country
US
State
texas
City
houston
I have already posted here once,
but i cant help posting again.

I am a guy of 29 yrs ago. Started twitching like 3 yrs ago randomly, now its body wide.
Not worried about it much until last year i read about als.

1. I looked at my left dorsal space, found it diminished, freaked out, got emged, clean, dismisssed by docs. Later found that it looked more or less since long time , looking at pics.
2. I get bodywide twitches, right calf, left forearm, abs, somtimes even tounge.
It seems to be aggravated by anxiety, but not sure.
3. ive always been a hypochondriac, once i looked at a serial of Necrosis fascitits, and almost freaked out imagining i had it. rabies, stroke, i seem to have had it sometime in my life :)

ALS worries have ruined by life now.
It is a perfect disease to worry about and ruin ur life. It cant be diagnosed perfectly, clean EMG or not, has no definate prognosis, can begin anytime blah blah.

I get this constant eye twitches when i blink hard, i wear contacts.
SO now i feel like my jaw is weak, i do feel wierd when i chew on real hard breads or meat.
Does it start this way? i heard it always starts with tongue being affected.

Again, this ALS thing is so weird and with so many exceptions that i can waste my life worrying about it.

If someday i wake up my voice being slurried or my hand unable to twist something, i'd be darned less anxious than having to wait and worry on exceptions, and me being that gifted one.
Dying is better than worrying about death constantly , everyday.
My life is being ruined....

Hello

It sound like you have a health anxiety problem. Have you tried to get help with it? You may need some counceling and medication. Bulbar als usually starts with slurred speech and trouble swallowing liquids. Food is fine. There are stickies that you should read. It would help with the fears too. They talk about all the real symptoms vs percieved symptoms. I hope you find some help.

You are way too young to be suffering so. There is a lot of living to do. Get to it. Peace.

Dying is better than worrying about death constantly , everyday.
My life is being ruined....

If your life is indeed ruined then YOU are the one who ruined it. The Doc says you don't have ALS..........Go jump for joy........I know that I would.

Hi,

The Neurologists and Doctors are the experts on the field of neurological or neuromuscular disorders affecting people. If they say you do NOT have ALS, then you don't have it. Accept what they tell you and move on with your life. We here are not experts on Neuroscience.
The more stress and anxiety you put over your shoulders thinking you have something you don't, the more you are going to twitch.

Furthermore, to clarify for you how different are the ALS twitches from anxiety twitches; ALS twitches come after weakness. Weakness happens when you no longer can do things you used to normally do (e.g.: opening a jar, turning a key, etc.) , afterwards you notice muscle twitching which is a signal that your motor nerves are being disconnected from your muscles and thus, the muscles are dying. Finally, when the muscles die, you see atrophy in that part of your body.

Nothing that you describe on your post are symptoms of ALS.
So, take it easy and enjoy you life.

NH

This is really sad-you admit that you know you are not sick but you cannot stop worrying about dying and it is ruining your life.

Please do not ask us for help--you need REAL help mentally and emotionally. I am begging you, make an appointment with a psychiatrist today. take this post with you. You are right--you are ruining your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back