Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
North Dakota
City
Fargo
I posted on here a few months ago but it appears that my last post has been closed so I have to start a new one.

For the past few months I've been noticing issues with my speech. It basically feels like my S's & "th" sounds come out slurred or sloppy sounding. From what I can tell, my tongue moves back & forth fine but feels like I can't make those sounds without noticing that they feel & sound off.

I'm only 31 so I know that it's very rare. I had an EMG of my left leg because I've been having a heavy sensation for months but that came back normal. I didn't really bring up or push for the EMG of my mouth because I felt that he would think I was nuts. I truly am worried that something is up because of my speech.

For those of you with bulbar onset, did you notice the slurring before others did? Was it a constant problem or could you say words normal once in awhile? I just don't know what else this could be. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hi,

Below this thread you just started there is another thread titled: "Do I have Bulbar ALS?".
Check the post #29 on that thread. That post was by me and, on it I explain with very good details how ALS (Bulbar onset) develops and what are the exact symptoms that patients afrected by it experience.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back