Learn about ALS
Country
AR
State
Buenos Aires
City
Buenos Aires
Hello, my name is Pablo, 19 years old :razz:
All of this started the last Sunday of January... was typing as usual but then felt a very annoying pain in my left wrist... thought it was due to spending too much time using the pc. Then started getting needles and such, and weakness (this only lasted 1 day). I was VERY scared, next day I got several fasciculations there... BUT two days later ALL of this moved to my right arm ... i was like "what? my left arm doesn't hurt anymore, now it's my right arm?" I was completely confused. :sad:
I remember getting annoying cramps in my feet too... Talked to my parents, my father: "stress stress etc", my mother: "we must go to a neurologist now".
2 days later, all of my symptoms dissipated, didnt know what to think already :-(
The neuro told me I was fine, etc etc etc, mri and blood analysis.
Did both, the mri was completely normal, and creatinine, cpk, minerals levels were pretty normal too. :p
But... this is when the most annoying part starts... 2 weeks after the mri/bloodtest.... I started getting fasciculations all over my body, and a weird 'pressure' feeling over my forehead -.-
The fasciculations haven't stopped yet... no weakness, no atrophy, no fatigue. Just a few needles and goddamned fasciculations :sad:
Is this als? :sad:

PD: Sorry for the english, not a native speaker :eek:

Oh, and thanks to anyone who reads this threads (can't edit the first post)

No it is not. Look into bengin fasciculations syndrome. Stress can also cause this and it will get worse the more you dwell on it. Stop looking up your symptoms on line. You are young and healthy and should be out with friends having a good time.

ALS has no tingling. It does not come and go. It does not hop around the body. It rarely affects people your age.

Your neuro. said you are fine. Please believe it!

I visited Buenos Aires two years ago. Loved Argentina! You live in a most beautiful city.

You're fine. Enjoy your carefree youth! :)

Thanks people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back