Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York
Hey,
I am a 1 year BFS sufferer. My symptoms have been widespread fasciculations and aches in many places such as calves, wrists, neck, ... Sometimes just walking is painful. I have a lot of exercise intolerance. I have no weakness, had an EMG 3 months after beginning, clean. CPK is @ 200 without making any exercise. Doc said nothing to worry about

So until last month I was not so worried because I knew I had BFS. But for one month now the pain is in my neck, in the back and also in the front. I feel a discomfort when I swallow in my neck.

And for 3 weeks now I have always some food stuck in my throat. Each time I eat the small crumbs get stuck in my throat. Drinking water does not help in any way. Just sometimes when I wake up the food is not there anymore. And the pain increases in the muscles of my neck. By the way I can swallow anything and have no problem for chewing or for using my tongue.

Few questions:
1) Does this look like MND?
2) In MND is it possible to have pain in neck when swallowing?
3) Does swallowing issues in MND look like what I'm experiencing?

Thank you so much for your time

I would go back to your dr. You could have any number of problems. Maybe a cervical spine problem, I don't know I am not a dr. A pain in your neck could also mean you are sleeping in an akward position. Need a new mattress or pillow. But I would go to the dr.

Is the pain only when swallowing? OR just eating? Is it in the back of the neck or the front?

1) No
2) If you are swallowing hard or large pieces of food that have not been chewed up properly or you have a sore throat...yes you could have pain swallowing.
3) No

I'd suggest you see someone for a neck MRI or CT. No, doesn't sound like any ALS presentation I've ever heard of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back