Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
wr
City
ged
I have had twitches for two months now.. I am freakd out.. could not sleep lately I barely get few hours a day. I have noticed also a smaller muscle in my left had. I feel it is weak. doctor say I do not have ALS. I visited 3 doctors already. I do not know if this atrophy is there since before or it is new. I can open bottles and stuff but I feel it is tensed. legs are fine except for twitches. doctor say EMG is fine.
I am really scared.. I feel like I lost the taste of life... I feel lonely and weak. I just wanna know do I have ALS.. what other tests I can do? anyone can suggests a good doctor in new York city that can help me rule out ALS or confirm it. I will visitng NYC soon I wish I can see a good doctor who can find out..

thanks

Have you looked at BFS? Benign Fasciculations Syndrome? Have you had any blood work? MRI? Have all three doctors told you the same thing? Freaking out won't solve anything it won't make it better, it will make it worse.

Have you read any of the stickies on this site? Several people have posted some very helpful info on this site concerning weakness and early signs of ALS. Look up the posts by "not me" and "wright". Have you read any of the posts On the thread Dihals which is the thread you posted on? We are not doctors and can not give you a definitive answer. I wish you peace.

My post went to the moderator...... stay tuned. Look for a post by sadiemae if you twitch a must read.

Last edited:
Your 3 doctors have already ruled out ALS...you do not need to see another to not hear it again.

you are clearly anxious and have gotten your self worked up. It is very hard, but you must must must take a good look in the mirror and say outloud--I do not have ALS. repeat that over and over again, everyday/. do not let the thought of may be the test was wrong, maybe the test was early, maybe the doctor wasn't smart enough, form in your head. You have to be stronger than your anxiety. Worrying your self sick will not help you.

I know that when I have a lack of sleep, I get stumbly and twitches, especially in my eye lids and hands. I think instead of a doctor to rule out ALS (which has already been done) you need to see a therapist who deals with health anxiety and get some sleep.

If you feel lonely, you might be more inclined to focus on every little thing your body is doing, which inturn increases you anxiety. I suggest youget off this type of forum, tell your self you do not have ALS, and get involved in your community and give of yourself to take your mind off yourself. If you are worrying about others, you do not have time to worry about yourself.

Giving time and assistance to others, expecially those less fortunate can make you see the bounty of your life. Good luck.

Did the doctor note the atrophy you think you have? If not, it's not there, honest.

And...even if it is...there are a ton of causes much more common than ALS :) I haven't been able to open so much as a two liter of Diet Coke in a year--but I do NOT have ALS--just now useless hands.

Take heart that 3 docs say it's not ALS. If an EMG was done an a limb that SHOWS atrophy--if it was ALS, it would have shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back