Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Detroit
Hi, I'm new here and a complete wreck. About a month ago, I developed a severe twitch in the side of my dominant hand. It's more like a spasm or contraction than a fluttering twitch. It's below my pinky and causes about an inch of the side of my palm to contract and then releases. It was present for 10 days, not present for 10 days (except for three contractions in quick succession), very frequent for the following week, then a few days off, now just returned. I have also had some minor twitches elsewhere - eye, back but they are fleeting. I feel like I have some mild muscle cramping that comes and goes as well. So far, strength in hands, fingers, legs is very good. I'm just beside myself with worry. I have had periods in the past of random fasisculations that last a few weeks but nothing like this one in the side of my hand. Please help! Has anyone had this symptom? I can't get in to see a neuro until April 22 :(

Why do you think the worse case scenario?
Have you seen your GP?

Twitches are extremely common and largely benign. The stickies, I think, cover that.
Could be anything and likely nothing serious. I would stop consulting dr goo gle if I were you.
You are scaring yourself silly.

Most often the area you're seeing in the hand is due to a compressed nerve--the ulnar to be exact--or one in the neck. Relax and see your GP. Random twitches can be safely ignored.

Thank you so much. Its so frightening that it's been on and off for so long. I really appreciate your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back