Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
arkansas
City
little rock
Hello all,

Well I am back again, I posted here at the end of August and since then some of my symptoms have abated but overall it seems to be a day by day thing. I did have almost a solid good months in December, my twitches while still present reduced in severity and frequency and some of the other stuff seemed to go away. However after that it seemed to go back to normal, I twitch all over, in certain postures a limb will tremble, my hand tremble fairly constantly the left typically worse than the right. The other day my chin and lips started twitching randomly but particularly when I have me head tilted back or my jaw closed, the twitching in my upper lip is slight but rapid fire. This morning I went through a phase where both of my hands were jerking seemingly at the wrist of their own accord, when completely relaxed it seems to get better.

When the twitching in my lips and chin began that whole region of my face has started to experience bouts of tingling. Yesterday my right hand was very sore near the center of the bone under my pinky finger and I have experienced this on both hands, in the same spot, from time to time since August. The weird thing is that it doesn't hurt to move or use the hand it will just be a little tight in that area and will hurt when flexed hard or touched. I can still work out, I lift 20lb dumbbells once or twice a week and have started a martial art once a week. After my first martial art class last week my legs were sore for 3 solid days. I also occasionally have aches and pains in joints or in random spots on a limb.

I know I am probably just stressing over nothing but it bothers me that this has gone on for so long. I try not to think about it and everyone around me seems to think that this is all in my head even though some times they see the twitches when pointed out. I just can't get this stuff out of my head and I am constantly worried about what this is and fearing the worst. Today my hands are doing the jerking thing so bad that it is slowing my typing down. I have a GP appointment today any questions I should ask him. Any thoughts concerns guys? I hate to keep coming back but last time everyone was very reassuring and I think it actually helped.

Did your partner have the baby yet? Boy, girl?

I just re-read your old threads and the lengthy and comprehensive replies provided by the most knowledgeable members. The symptoms you describe today are almost identical to last time you posted.

Tell your GP exactly what you said here. But more importantly, listen carefully and hear the advice he/she gives to you. And believe it.

Thank your for your reply. Sadly we lost the baby. Last time my GP shrugged and said he didnt know and said he couldnt rule out ALS but it didnt seem likey, my Internist however almost found my fear of it amusing however he was very kind in explaining why and relating his personal expeiences with medical fears.

Sorry for your loss.

In reading your comments about your previous doctor visits, have you not just answered your question? Fear of diseases, or any other phobia and/or anxiety can and does wreak havoc on one's health both mind & body. If I were you, my focus would be on resolving the anxiety/phobia before it takes over every waking moment. You are in your early twenties, with plenty of living ahead of you. Get that fixed and you will feel so much better! Good luck at your appointment.

Well I talked to a very close friend yesterday who has dealt withs severe anxiety in the past and made some descisons. I cancled the doctors appointment as I had made during a bit of a panic attack and instead I made an appointment with a well respected psychologist in my area to begin working on my anxiety. Thank you all for being so patient.

Good for you! I hope all goes well at your appointment and you get the help you need. Anxiety can be a monster to deal with.

Come back and let us know how the counseling goes.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Good luck and God bless. Stop in from time to time and let us know how you are.

I will most certaintly drop in from time to time and let everyone know how things are going. Thank you for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back