Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
il
City
ft wayne
Im so beyond scared I dont know what to do. For the past month I have been having leg aches ..starting in the right calf and quickly moved to both legs. Its not painful but a dull ache and sometimes there are tender spots (not to the touch)that come and go in differernt areas like behind the knee, shins ect. I recently felt a few muscle twitches in the calf and not even a few days later I feel the EVERYWHERE. Legs, stomach, face , ams, ect. I am so unbelievably frightned that I will die and never live to see my babies grow up. I already have stress and anxiety and this is making it much worse. When I first had this issue my anxiety took over and drove me to the er in fear of having a blood clot but ..after the results came back normal the er thought maybe it was a pinchd nerve so he referred me to a orthopedic which i just went yesterday. The doctor checked my reflexes (a little more pronounced in the left leg in my opinion..but he didnt mention anything of it) and he had be do a few exercises. The doctor didnt say too much other than making an appointment for a emg on the right lef which is scheduled for a month from now. I am so unbelievably frightened I cant even explain. Please help me. I'm 25 years old , pretty healthy but overly stressed and have alot of anxiety. The muscle twitching along with the aches are whats making me think the worst. Is it normal to have twitches spread all over in a matter of days? ...

No, it's not normal, but it's not necessarily the sign of a major illness either. The soreness and twitching could be the result of something as simple as muscle tension brought on by stress. Have you had bloodwork to check Potassium and Sodium levels? Stop worrying!

I had complete blood panel at the er so I do believe my levels were checked then and normal. I do have alot of stress but i dont understand why all the sudden Im having so many random twitches. Is aches and twitches a sign off als?

Twitches spreading all over your body is not a sign of ALS. It is a sign of BFS, or just general anxiety.

Stress and anxiety can make you unbelieveably ill. Your hair can fall out, your gums bleed, your skin breaks out, your blood pressure goes up, your weight goes up and down, you will twitch, and muscle soreness. I am not a doctor but I don't believe it is als. You need to find something to relieve your stress. Meditation, yoga or deep breathing. take a time out for yourself and let your husband take the kids for a while and take a bubble bath or go to a spa and get a massage. I wish you peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back