Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Ind
State
Maharashtra
City
Mumbai
My message is specifically adressed to wright, I have been having problems dealing with my health related anxiety, I have been taking anti depressents for 6 months, 4 months ago I started getting muscle twitching and I got 6 EMG' done in the period along with numerous clinical exams. All have been clean. I was getting comfortable with my twitching but for last 15 days, I have been getting lot of issues with My throat area, I feel a lumpy and tight feeling in the throat. I also sometimes get a clicking sensation in the throat while swallowing and I have to constantly swallow to keep my throat relieved. I am also feeling breathless while I sleep. Please give your inputs. I donts have any weakness, atrophy, swallowing problems or speaking problems.

vaibhav you have health anxiety . It is horrible I know and can destroy your life . You need a counsellor to help you retrain your thoughts.
I do have neurological problems but the anxiety caused me far more problems I wasted a few years of my life. please dont do this to yourself
go get help margaretx

I agree with Margaret. I wish you peace.

Thanks guys for your replies, can anyone help me with sending this post to wright.

Copy and paste to Wright profile page in visitor messages section.
I don't think you need to. I think you know you have anxiety.
Please seek tr-ea-t-ment (avoiding mideration) before it really does cause you more harm.

My dr sent me to a phsychiatrist. They specialize in medication. He put me on a combination of anti depressant, panic attack, and racing thoughts medication. Two of them are very low dose. I am a completely different person.
I was really struggling. I'm not reccomending you take this medicine. Everyone is different. Everyone handles it with whatever works for them.
Good luck with whatever you decide. You are in my prayers.
Linda

I got your message, vaibhav

What you have shared has absolutely nothing to do with ALS. You have had 6 EMG's (I have no idea how you pulled that off but I would say that's as thorough as you get), no weakness, no muscle atrophy and your clinical exams have been clean. I'm not sure what more you want. You have as much a chance of having ALS as you do of being hit by a meteor, spotting Big Foot riding a unicorn and then getting hit by lightning when it's sunny . . . all on the same day. Relax!

Your throat issues are 100% due to anxiety. I assure you.

Go get counseling and meds if you need them. Anxiety is your problem, not ALS!

Id love to see big foot riding a unicorn -is he an apache ? im english

seriously please go for anxiety help

Get good counseling.

On the home front, you need to stop thinking about your health obsessively. Just like you can't quit any other habit easily without replacing it with something, you have to replace that thinking with some other topic. The more outside yourself it is, the better - volunteer work, social hobbies, etc all really help. Write a piece of fiction, learn everything there is to know about a particular time in history, master a complex strategy game, do something, and when the worry creeps up throw yourself into it all the more.

Thanks wright for your reply - I had following questions ( it will help me in allaying my fears)

1) Is it possible to have clean EMG's despite twitching in ALS

2) Why I get this clicking sensation in the throat

3) Why would I get breathless at night

You have health anxiety and that causes your body to freak out. Since you know you have health anxiety why not address that instead of running with your anxiety. Get off this site and get some psych help. You don't belong here. Good luck to you!

1) no

2) anxiety

3) anxiety

Wright let you off easy! Listen to him please. I see you have posted on another thread AFTER Wright answered your questions. You do not have ALS. Please listen to everyone.

Take is from someone who suffers from anxiety, you are having anxiety related health issues. If I read about anxiety symptoms I start to have them. Anxiety will wreck you if you don't take control of it. My dad lost his life to ALS, that's a disease with no cure, anxiety is treatable. Take control of your situation. You will feel so much better.

With 6 clean EMGS you certainly don't have ALS...but with feeling breathing issues when you sleep--try elevating your head. If you're overweight that can make breathing lying flat difficult. When I was near 200lbs, for instance, I could not sleep flat.

If some of the other things started after the new depression meds--maybe see if they can try a different one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back