Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
NSW
City
EMERALD BEACH
I have muscle loss. Twitching in most limbs. My right side is struggling with simple tasks. I struggle walking. Have been constantly dizzy. Now have buzzing in my little finger. I'm starting to drop things and spill drinks. My walk is slower. I have all over weight loss. I have severe neck and shoulder pain. Have been popping shoulders and neck for months. It's like I have ligament problems. I have noticeable muscle wastage in my right side. Leg and forearm and thigh. My shoulders to me seem wasted away. Lots of twitching that I've never ever had before. But through the buzzing has really started to worry me. I see someone in 2 months. I am ringing tomorrow to speed up the appointment. I had weakness in legs (right leg mostly) and right arm. Do I have als (motor neurone disease)? I'm so very scared and worried. My gp thinks I'm just stressed. I handle stress very well and I know myself and how I feel. I've been feeling something coming on for years if that makes any sense.. Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated.. Michael

the odds you got the dreaded are exstreme...not worth the worry...but i sense you wont believe that......could be loads of other things...johnny

I agree with Johnny, you would be amazed what stress and fear can do to the body. I am not saying you aren't ill but why think it is the worst? I do not have ALS. I have mitochondrial myopathy. I have alot of your symp toms and it 5 years to get that diagn osis. Don't assume the worst.

Try keeping a journal, write down your symp toms, how long they last, when they started, what you were doing when they started, and so on. It will be easier for the dr if you can give him/her a time line than just saying maybe this time or around this time. You need to give the dr accurate info, memory and estimates are not crediable.

You need to relax, worry and stress will just make your symp toms worse and I am talking from experience. You need to enjoy yourself with friends and family, making good memories this is time you will not get back and better to make it a good time. Pardon the pun but throw a shrimp on the barbie and have a beer....there will be time for worry if you found to have an illness later. I wish you peace. Good luck.

Michael,

This is your second thread, asking the same question. Please read the answers provided to you already. Sit tight until your appointment. As I mentioned to you previously, there's no harm in calling the doctors assistant (aka gatekeeper) and asking for an earlier appointment if available. Please do not harass him/her as this would render your requests useless.

That is not the story of someone with ALS. What you have shared sounds more like muscle fatigue rather than muscle weakness and it's my guess that the atrophy you speak of was not confirmed by a physician. Furthermore, the global nature of your symptoms in such a short period of time points away from ALS.

You have taken a slew of symptoms and put them in an ALS box . . . a box where they do not belong. Something is obviously happening to you but it sure isn't ALS and your unfounded fears of ALS have made your symptoms worse. Let your docs determine what is ailing you . . . NOT the internet (if you had stayed away from the internet, you wouldn't be here). In the meantime, relax, especially if the bulk of your anxiety is a fear of having ALS. Again, your story and symptoms are not at all consistent with the disease, no matter how much you have convinced yourself that they are.

That is not the story of someone with ALS. What you have shared sounds more like muscle fatigue rather than muscle weakness and it's my guess that the atrophy you speak of was not confirmed by a physician. Furthermore, the global nature of your symptoms in such a short period of time points away from ALS.

You have taken a slew of symptoms and put them in an ALS box . . . a box where they do not belong. Something is obviously happening to you but it sure isn't ALS and your unfounded fears of ALS have made your symptoms worse. Let your docs determine what is ailing you . . . NOT the internet (if you had stayed away from the internet, you wouldn't be here). In the meantime, relax, especially if the bulk of your anxiety is a fear of having ALS. Again, your story and symptoms are not at all consistent with the disease, no matter how much you have convinced yourself that they are.
Thank you. I appreciate your feedback and thoughts.

Michael,

This is your second thread, asking the same question. Please read the answers provided to you already. Sit tight until your appointment. As I mentioned to you previously, there's no harm in calling the doctors assistant (aka gatekeeper) and asking for an earlier appointment if available. Please do not harass him/her as this would render your requests useless.
Thanks Elaine.

Is it buzzing fingers in one hand? Mostly pinkie and next two?
You could have a trapped ulner nerve(runs from your elbow down into wrist )
I have had this as my left arm has been disabled since childhood accident,i have a severe damaged elbow and sometimes it effects the nerves when its inflamed from desease in the joint.
My son last week complained of same thing and i told him he had probably trapped a nerve when weight training.

No i have it in both hands 3 fingers in total. And am having strange feeling in the tongue and lips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back