Not open for further replies.

SadsackinCali

Country
US
State
California
City
Visalia
Hi all. It's been a while since I have been on here. I have my second appt. with the Neurologist this Monday. When he made the appt. he wanted me to see a psychiatrist before the appt. and before he performed any types of tests. Well, the psychiatrist wasn't available untill March 23rd. Symptoms havn't gotten any worse, but pain has lessened. The waiting and feeling like my body has turned on me is the worst of it. I'm hoping to make my Neurologist perform some test to insure that it's stress related and not a disease that we are dealing with. I feel it would be prudent to rule out any muscular or nerve disorder before diagnosing it as stress without doing any type of testing. It sure would help the mental toll this has taken. Fingers crossed he will be willing to run some tests, and if they come out negative I am more than willing to except the fact that stress has reeked havoc on my body!

Allison

Well I don't want to insult you but I hope the neuro finds nothing and you seek counciling. That would be the best outcome. Good luck.

I'm not insulted at all. I hope for the same thing. The muscle twitching and pains for the past 5 months have been so psychologically exhausting! It's hard to imagine that stress can cause so many issues within a body. I fully intend to go the psychiatric route if nothing shows in the tests. Thanks for the reply.

Allison

I think the reason the neuro wants you to get a clean bill of health from the psych first is that some psychosomatic disorders (conversion disorder, for one) actually get worse and harder to get rid of the more tests you have, particularly if they are painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back