Learn about ALS
Country
GR
State
greece
City
Athens
hi
i am 20 years old male, with no family history of ALS. On november 1st i had an accident and i thought i had rabies so i was very scared, waiting for the symptoms to come on december to january.. I started feeling anxious and on 28th of december i had muscle twitching at night, and i couldnt sleep.. I was so stressed out that time.. in 4 days it went away, but my stress was accumulating over time. In 17 of January, being convinced that i hadnt rabies, i started searching about ALS. and from that moment i begun to have all these symptoms. My symptoms are:
1. muscle twitches
2. difficulty moving joint fingers
3. involuntary movements
4. anxiety ( a lot and other times less)
5. insomnia and lots of sleep
6. brain fog and poor concentration (sometimes cant even follow a complete conversation)
7. muscle weakness ( not a lot, just like 2-3% less than my normal xD)
8. my jaw becomes weird after eating a lot ( it feels like my muscle is cramped or smt)
9. my tongue feels swollen and it feels like it s not moving good sometimes
10. slurred speech cuz of my tongue (it just stops moving and then again it moves)
11. poor memory and some short term memory loss
12. cold hands
13.lightheadness

MY PREVIOUS POST
I also went to the neurologist and he checked my reflexes (normal) and my nerve movements ( he told me to put strenght so that he wont open my arms, put them down, to my fingers etc) and i didnt have problems with that. my balance was also good. i also tried walking on my toes and i can do that easily.

so my question is, can stress cause all these symptoms? if i had ALS wouldnt the doctor notice it with all these symptoms? I also asked him about my speech (thought i had nasal speech and he said i sounded normal). He told me to go to a psychologist and take some relaxation pills...

PS. my symptoms get worse when i am really anxious and tend to go away (except muscle twitching) when i am generally relaxed ( not completely)... didnt have MRI or other tests, just a regular visit to a neuro... I am afraid i have ALS and its symptoms are begining to come to me, and as i am anxious these symptoms are made worse along with other anxiety symptoms... Someone tell me should i do anything further than that? i also felt my armpit in pain, and i have a family history of thyroid disorders. Doctord found TSH (3.75) 2 months ago and a little high cholesterol level... help?

MY NEW POST
my new symptom is that sometimes (especially when i think about it) i cant initiate swallowing proccess ( and i think i have the bulbar ALS symptoms). I almost always think that my symptoms are closely related to symptoms of bulbar ALS. and when i get that i really freak out.. There is a period (15 days) that my mind is blank, blocked dunno, like i cant think at least consciously. I checked my tongue nerves ( self examination) it seems normal, also made some tests and passed them(like saying ka/pa/la 15-20 times per 3 secs (average) i can do that..). tomorrow i am going to a pathologist again... Whats your opinion about my symptoms? Would it be stress? But other times i think i am not stressed and i still have them (oversensitivity...). I would like your opinion once again about my issue here. :/

Yes stress can do all of that. It can make your hair fall out, skin break out, raise your blood pressure, all kinds of things. Maybe you need to go to a therapist and get some counceling. Sometimes people get themselves so worked up (stressed) that they can't solve it themselves and need someone to help them or medication.

This self testing is solving no good purpose it is only adding to your stress. You are wasting time that can be better spent having a good life. I wish you peace.

If I think about it, I have difficulty swallowing too, and I do not have ALS. First sign you may have Bulbar is If someone else comments that your speech is slurred, and accuses you of being Drunk.
Also If you can drink water without choking Bulbar ALS is not what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back