Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
UT
City
Salt Lake City
:-D Okay. NO ALS. The EMG showed no signs of it whatsoever! So relieved I could have peed my pants!

Also, NCV was fine. So they are scratching their heads. While I feel that my right foot is starting to get weak, all of the clinical weakness is on my left side. They don't think it's autoimmune, as nothing autoimmune would be one sided. They said "we hate to have to do this to you, but we are going to ask that you wait and let this differentiate for a bit and then come back in". I'm okay with that. I am going to start going to PT to see if I can get some help with my gait (my right hip is killing me because I'm walking weird due to the weakness in my left foot).

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know, and also thank everyone again for all the warm wishes. Is it okay if I still hang out here while I'm in limbo land?

Lesa

Oh yes! Don't you go anywhere. I am soooo happy for you.
Don't worry they will figure it out. It takes time and I can understand about the hip pain from having a goofy gait. I get muscle cramps in my calves too from it.
You should go celebrate your good news Lesa. Hugs!

Great news!
Hope PT can offer some help. Let know how it goes.

In a word" YIPPEIEIOIO!"

Yay, Lesa! What wonderful news! Thanks for the update. I'm happy for you!

Thanks, all! I'm going to celebrate by taking a nap!

Yeah Baby! Enjoy!

Lesa that is super news. We just came home and I came straight here to see if you had checked in. Before I signed in I said to myself, "Please God let there be some good news from Lesa". Hip hip hooray!

Laurel

Great news Lesa. So happy for you. Take care, Kim

Thanks, all! I'm going to celebrate by taking a nap!
Great! and naps are great celebrations. After all you have to be relieved but exhausted.

That is awesome news! Hope they figure it out soon, but glad ALS is off the table.

Wonderful news! Once again the highly unscientific method of keeping my fingers crossed for you has worked!

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to jump on this thread, I cannot figure out how to make a new one. If someone could help me out, that would be great! Lesa, congratulations on your news. That's excellent!

I am a new member here looking for some support and advice. I really appreciate you taking the time and am well-versed and aware of how serious this is. Three weeks ago my husband and I experienced an incredibly sad miscarriage and now may be facing ALS. I cannot believe this is happening. I hope that others might comment on my story. Two weeks ago, I began waking up with itchy/tingly feet. It would go away within ten minutes, but a week later it began to intensify. I began to feel more tingling and shooting pains in my feet and hands. I have since felt some muscle weakness in my left leg, and urgency to urinate. I have also begun to feel fasciculations, mostly in my feet and lower extremities, but in other places all over my body as well. This all happened in just over two weeks. I have had every blood test out there which show nothing, and a clean EMG. They are sending me for an MRI (Head and Lumbar Spine with Contrast) next week. The waiting is torturous. Fortunately I have had some wonderfully supportive doctors. I know that no two ALS cases are the same, but if you could let me know your thoughts, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Awesome news! So happy for you. We didn't want you in this club, LOL!

Lesa I hope that they didn't really say that nothing autoimmune would be one sided. That is totally not true. My husband has CIDP MADSAM which is asymmetrical in presentation, and I believe many MS patients present with asymmetric symptoms as well. Both CIDP and MS are autoimmune. Hubby has major atrophy of right hand and forearm and drop foot of the right foot-- five years later is now feeling weakness in his left foot too. In your shoes, I probably wouldn't just let things cook. Time for a good second opinion. Hubby had a very respected neurologist for his first opinion and stuck with him for 2-3 yrs resulting in no treatment for a treatable condition. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back