Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
I'm trying to be patient. But symptoms are getting worse. I have an apointment on the 1st with the dr. Maybe once they see how my condition has gotten worse they will push me up on the neorology waiting list.
I've been treated rudely at this all womens shelter by another client for walking so slow, slowed thinking, and shakey voice.But im trying to ignor her.
At least i have a place to sleep, bathe, eat, shower and do laundry.
I do have to be out during the day so i go to a clubhouse which is free.
I will update as soon as i know more on this thread.
Im just frusurated with no treatment for whatever is going on.

i went to er due to aditional muscle pain in my neck. Needed neck brace to prop my head up.
Further struggle with slower walking.
Everyone says my voice is shakey and i have focus and short term memory problems. Im 45 yrs old next month to be 46.
My dad is 75 moves and thinks faster than me.

My dad did find out what my aunt died from. It was MSA multiple system atrophy.
Diagnosed at 32 passed away at 37.
I never knew her so never really knew..
But tonight got a ct scan nothing acute on it. He said definitely follow up with neurology.
The 1st of feb is md apointment. Maybe then they willl get me pushed up the list for neurology.

As i know more i will update here.

I feel very sorry for you . Seems like a very difficult situation to be in . Will keep you in my prayers

I feel very sorry for you . Seems like a very difficult situation to be in . Will keep you in my prayers

I do apreciate that you feel for me. Im not feeling sory for myself just im frustrated because if i could get a diagnosis i could get proper treatment.
Yet i do know these things do take time

I and many others are in exactly your postion medically limbo land . I just wish you had a realtive to stay with

Oh my, I am sending REALLY BIG hugs to you. You are so brave and upbeat for being in your situation. I hope your appt gets you into a neuro soon. I am praying for you.

Ysabel, I really hope the doctor can get you in to see someone.

Thanks everyone for kind words of support. Sometimes the anger and frustration get the best of me. But having you all to listen without judgement helps me through. I know its a waiting game and i have to go along and wait my turn. I will keep updating on this thread, hugs to you all!

Today i thought my apointment was at the clinic but it was with the mobile medic.
Easier to get to so thats good. I did not realize this before but she is a neurology resident. Which is good because she knows what to look for.
Here is the deal... whatever i have is progressing. she urged me to get on the countys funded health insurance for low income people.
She said it isnt a good idea for me to be on the waiting list for neurology I need to be seen now.
So monday im going down to recertify i had let my old card expire. Basicaly i have to update.
So once i get that i will be going to neurology.

That is good news. I hope you do find out soon. Keep us posted. Hugs.

Thinking back... I had not thought of this before. I totaly wrote it off. Around July 2008 I was put on Abilify at bed time Within a week or two I started noticing strenghth problems in my right arm causing trouble even holding up a cell. But less with my left. Also slowed down walking.
No loss of balance or tremors. No neck weakness and not as much pain or soreness. No heat or cold sensetivety.
So it did not dawn on the doc or i neurological. So she took me off abilify within a month back to normal.

December 2009 admitted to hospital for double pneumonia. No other issue but tying this together.
September 2010 (aproximate) right foot drags behind along with right arm sticking out- spasticity i guess?
Then by early 2012 tremors right hand by september 2012 more tremors and loss of balance. As well as droping things
Oct 2012 more ocasions of loss of balance more struggles to walk obvious weakness in legs. Tremors both sides.
past month much decline in abilities. Including concentration and slured words. Heat and cold sensetivities in hands. Under normal warm water feels like hands on fire. Or in the direct sun.
Cold air makes hands and face tingle. Voice tremors.

So here is my guess.. Ms because the first time i remitted. Another reason is because its auto imune as well as neuro. So double pneumonia in 09 now since november two cases of acute bronchitis.
Im no Dr. And i don't believe in self diagnosed. But this makes sense to me.
Possibly progressive form of Ms.
Im going to bring these up to my neurologist.
Ms isn't great but alot better than something far worse.

Update i may be getting permanant housing soon. Also may be qualified for companion dog due to my mobility issues. Risk of fall because of loss of balance.
Still waiting on aproval from county for county insurance. Which i will get.

That is so great and I am so happy for you. take care and keep us up dated. HUGS!

Hugs back and thanks. I just called and told them my insurance is soon to come in.

that good news am so pleased for you x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back