Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
UT
City
Salt Lake City
As my appointment at the ALS clinic draws nigh (Thursday at 9:30), I find that I am really fearful of the possible outcome. I look at all the members of the forum who have somehow found the strength to "carry on" in the face of such a cruel diagnosis, and find meaning in living each day as it comes.

I just want to say that that human resilience never ceases to amaze me. No matter the outcome of my appointment on Thursday, I hope I will find a way to live my life with gratitude and grace.

Hope that didn't sound all sappy.

Lesa

Thanks, Sadie Mae.

Lesa not sappy at all. I will be thinking positive thoughts at your appt. time and saying a little prayer. Good luck!

Laurel

I like sappy!

Sending good vibes out to you. And to your pets.

Thanks, everybody. I swear my pets know what's up. They have all been just a bit more cuddly than usual of late.

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Check the archives for some stories about our pets. Mine provide me with much comfort and entertainment.

Sending good vibes your way Sweets! Good luck!

Thanks, everybody! Just trying to get through today without fretting. Easier said than done, LOL!

Tbats Alright by me im sappy too. Doing what you got to do to get through.
I am praying for you.
The best to you!

Hi Petlover

I am on the other side of the pond, and I'm not very good at time zones, so your appointment may be today rather than tomorrow, but whenever it is I have my fingers crossed that it goes well for you...

I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't "fret" the night before a diagnostic visit and since you're concerned about living with "gratitute and grace", I imagine that that's exactly what you will do regardless of the diagnosis. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Sending positive thoughts and wishes. BIG hugs to you.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way, Lesa.

I remember those fears the day my husband went to the ALS clinic for his tests and final diagnosis. But it was not the end of the world, life does continue, and we have happiness! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning and will pray your outcome is not ALS. Keep us posted and lean on everyone here if your outcome is not the one you wanted. And your attitude is exactly what will see you through. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back