Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
wa
City
auburn
I apologize as my intent is not to offend or make light of anyones disease, but I am truly frightened. After the birth of my youngest child (now 6), i went to the ER for twitching in my calves which subsided. A few years later I had some cramping in my calves that aso went away seemingly quickly. Last year about this time I became pretty sick with some GI trouble and shortly after had twitching in my eye and hand that for the most part went away over time. In October i began having more twitching and cramping in hands and feet that came and went. I went to see a neuro last week who told me I needed a psychiatrist and blew me off. Last saturday i started having what felt like burning and cold all down booth my legs and they have been numb on/off ever since. I have numbness and tingling as well as burning on various parts of my body along with buzzing vibrating sensations and twitching as well as I am now feeling very weak. I have been to the ER five times had clean bloodwork, MRIS and reflexes seem fine other than kind of touchy in both knees. I am a 36 year old mother of three and very scared this might be ALS. My symptoms have progressed rather quickly over the last week an I am very frightened. I am supposed to be having an EMG next wek, but I seem to be getting worse by the day. Any advice of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I have never heard of ALS starting the way you describe. For sure it doesn't happen overnight. Or in a week.
Your symptoms can be representative of a myriad of things, including anxiety. Please do not jump to conclusions and with all due respect, GET OFF THE INTERNET. NOW.

Surfing the net will only feed your fears, and take your attention away from your children. Let us know after the EMG. We are here for you, but honestly and in my opinion, you ought not be here at this moment.

I agree with Elaine, dr g o o g l e will only drive you crazy. The anxiety you are having will make you sick and twitch and all sorts of things. Rest easy until the emg. Spend time with the kids and relax.

Well, they say that the third time's the charm, so I'm the third person to tell you to get off the web and stop making yourself ill with worry.

You've got the EMG next week, so hang on in there and just focus on your family; it is profoundly unlikely that you have ALS and it would be a real tragedy if you let your fear ruin not only your life but that of your kids as well. Remember we are thinking of you,but remember also that this place isn't good for you at the moment...

Why would some twitching in your calves land you in the ER? Then another 5 ER visits after that? This sounds like some serious anxiety to me. Once you get the all-clear at your EMG appointment, I'd suggest tackling the health anxiety head on, otherwise this ALS scare will keep repeating itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back