Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
kasnas
City
kansas
I was diagnosed with bfs normal Emg only minor fasciculations and symptoms are twich spread random and legs pain also back and arms it was constant but now i an not so anxious and it comes and goes i dont feel weakness only pain now not so much can he missdiagnosed me and this is als?also pain inside a knee after a bus Travel and some Mornings i wake up with numb Hand but i notice that u sleep on that Hand that Night

******** Iwas diagnosed with bfs normal Emg only minor fasciculations and symptoms are twich spread random and legs pain also back and arms it was constant but now i an not so anxious and it comes and goes i dont feel weakness only pain now not so much can he missdiagnosed me and this is als?*********
The above, is what you asked in your previous thread. Members assured you that a clean EMG means NO ALS. Not all pain is caused by MND ; if I have a sore throat, I know it's just that. Your knee pain can be caused by any number of things from over use, pronation, arthritis etc.

As you are aware, twitching in your case is benign. Your continual worry about it, which I do understand, will only wreak havoc with the rest of your body: sleeplessness, anxiety, digestive problems, headache etc. I would urge you to go back to your PCP and discuss your concerns. There may be meds available to help you through this.

manatio2

It can be really hard to overcome the anxiety attached to a really scary disease, even though your doctors have assured you that you don't have it. It's easy to slip back and worry about whether they may have got it wrong.

But if you keep trying, and take all the help that you can get, then you will find that it does get better and you will get your life back.

Just keep working at it, and don't be too proud to ask your doctors if there is medication which may help you weather the storm, whilst keeping well away from the stuff which is guaranteed to freak you out. There's altogether much too much of it on the web!

A good counselor can help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back