Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Hi all, a little bit about me I am a 33 year old male I live in seattle WA.
I started feeling weird symptoms a month or so ago with forgetting and brain fog I went to the hospital and got a CT scan it came back normal. Then I had numbness and tingling in my right leg and right arm the symptoms progressed . Fatigue, I feel as if my walking is "different". Now I feel weakness in my right leg and has traveled up to my right arm fingers feel stiff and sometimes painful in my arm and leg. And I feel it traveling to my left arm slowly. This is in a two month period. Please help I was diagnosed with BF 6 years ago so my muscles twitch all the time and have done so for six years. My insurance kicks in on Jan 1st, 2013, So I plan on going to see the doctor and asking to see a neurologist, I don't know whats going on in my body but I feel like something is not right Does this sound like ALS ?

You are no doubt "sleepless man" in Seattle due to your health concerns.

Nothing you describe is remotely close to my ALS experience. Tingling is typically NOT an indicator either, but it could be something like a pinched nerve or something else which is very fixable.

Please- don't worry (if you can). Enjoy the holiday and let us know the outcome of your appointment.

Try not to worry now, enjoy your holiday with friends and family. Go to the doctor and explain your symptoms. Maybe try to keep a diary of sorts on your symptoms, when they start and stop, how long they last and where they are on your body. Describe how they feel and what you were doing when they come on. This might help gived the doctor a time line and starting point. It may help with your worry too. I wish you peace. Have a good holiday!

yes just curious if this sounds like the symptoms others have experienced ?

Nope - my symptoms totally different as I mentioned before.

Wait and see what your Doc tells you.

Waiting is hard (I know!) - but we all go through that. Don't let your worrying get the better of you. Try to re-focus your thoughts to something else.

HI

I think you can relax on the ALS front. ALS wouldn't start on one entire SIDE of the body at once. It would start in a hand or foot and gradually move up that leg or up that arm...not strike both at the same time.

See your GP and see if perhaps they can do x-rays--but if you get any sudden weakness on one side of the body--go to an ER at once--even if it goes away. That can be a sign of a stroke.

well notme thanks for the post if it does not sound like als it may be ms :(

Why not think of benign things it could be (which I believe is the case). Why must it be some terminal disease? Relax and have a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you as well Ms. Pie, yes I am doing my best to keep it positive and will continue to do so, God bless

well today when i took my wife to the store i noticed a weakness in my right leg upper thigh and hip area and my right arm...feels to the point that i am loosing strength in this area of the body...

A few more days until Insurance kicks in what are some things I should tell my doctor upon seeing him? Was thinking of just going in for a physical and telling him my symptoms.

Write down the time line of your symptoms as best as you can remember. Include all your symptoms no matter how small or trivial you think they are. Write down questions sometimes it is hard to remember when you are scared and being poked and prodded. The more detail you give the doctor the better for him/her to decide which tests need to be done.

Thanks vickim as they have changed quite a bit over the past few months, from forgetful ness , to tingling, numbness stiff ness, to weakness that i have now.

Did you get your B12 and Vit D3 levels up? Tingling, numbness and forgetfulness are not symptoms of ALS... and perceived weakness is different from clinical weakness. Good luck at your appt and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back