Not open for further replies.

kiara

Country
Ita
State
CR
City
Crema
My ankles are very weak, when i stand they hurt because it seem they cannot support my body. I've also strange feelings like they're burning, like having a sort of electric shock in them and walking is hard because my ankles now are hypermobile. I know that als doesn't cause sensory issues but i think that all this feelings may be related to muscles wasting as my ankles and feet are now very skinny and bony looking, my shoes have now become too large for my feet. Did anyone of you experience feelings like this? I can still walk on my toes and heels but is getting harder and harder. Thank you for answers. God bless

I believe that most of us with ALS did not start with two limbs at the same time. Usually starts with one limb. You mentioned clean EMG's- in your earlier posts, so I fail to see why you think your symptoms are an indication of the worst possible outcome. Also, muscle wasting doesn't happen quickly and again, (in my case) not in two limbs at the same time.

Please do continue your quest for answers, but I don't think ALS should be your primary concern- it could be many other things, which as a nurse, you will most certainly be aware of. Try to relax, if you can.

Good luck to you and I hope you receive an answer soon.

Thank you Ottawa girl for your answer, I still think about als because of the presence of both these conditions: brisk reflexes and twitching/atrophied muscles. I know you're right, I would try not to worry but it's not easy as I see my condition is slowly getting worse and I don't even know why.

I agree with "ottawa girl"............... !

Brisk reflexes and twitching not a sufficient condition for ALS !

Your EMG was clean !

It does not sound like ALS .............. !

Regards from Serbia .... :wink:

Nikola

I know you said you have an appointment in march with a neuro, could you see a gp and maybe based on their findings could get you bumped up and see the neuro sooner?
I started out with my left foot giving me trouble and it stayed that way for 3 years and then the right foot joined in the party, now the muscle weakness is in my hips, arms, shoulders and neck. I also have pain, fatigue, twitches and muscle cramps. I don't see any difference in the way my arms and legs look but I feel the weakness in them especially when I try to walk alot or even beating eggs and drying my hair everything gets tired really easy.
I am sending you hugs and good wishes.

Thank you to all! I'll try to enjoy Xmas time and not to worry much, then I'll try to see an expert neuro in January cause I don't think I'll be able to wait until March.
I think I'm having the worst time of my life and this forum is very helpful, it makes me feel less alone. Hugs

Please try not to worry so much, it can truly make you sick. I know easier said than done, I have been in your shoes. There is nothing they can do for me except treat the symptoms and they don't know how this will progress, so all the worrying I did was for nothing. And it was making me crazy and sick. Now I live each day as a gift with love. I do what I can do and that is better than nothing.
I am sending you only love and hope, enjoy your family and friends and the holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back