Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CN
State
China
City
Shanghai
I'm taking xanax, I'm taking an anti-depressant, I'm seeing a shrink...
I'm trying so hard to manage my anxiety and yet the symptoms persist and are getting worse and fear has just consumed me.

I don't really have a question...
I hope you don't mind me just venting out loud. I have never felt so scared, lost, hopeless in my life.

sincerely,
scared in shanghai

I'm taking xanax, I'm taking an anti-depressant, I'm seeing a shrink...
I'm trying so hard to manage my anxiety and yet the symptoms persist and are getting worse and fear has just consumed me.

I don't really have a question...
I hope you don't mind me just venting out loud. I have never felt so scared, lost, hopeless in my life.

sincerely,
scared in shanghai
I know all the feelings described "well" in your post and have nothing to offer. The fear is overwhelming.

Bri,

I am so very sorry you are experiencing such fear and anxiety despite your best efforts to resolve the problems besetting you. I am particularly concerned about the hopelessness you mention. Please, do whatever you have to in order to seek a solution. Perhaps your psychiatrist can recommend a reputable in-house treatment centre. While this suggestion may sound drastic- desperate times call for drastic measures. Hopelessness in one's life (I believe) is a drastic situation requiring immediate attention.

Please keep up the good fight and do everything possible in order to get your beautiful life back.

Bri- my reply went to mod-land. Please check back later.

You shouldn't let fear take over your life. The anxiety and fear are going to make you sicker than anything else. I know easier said than done but think of the time you are wasting on fear that could be spent making a good memory. No one wants to have these terrible diseases and fear will not change the out come. Make the best of everyday. Look for something positive in everyday. Read the post on attitude. When I start feeling sorry for myself and having a pity party I always think there is someone worse off than I am. Like I need a cane but I can still walk. I can still see, talk, hug, and love. I wish you peace.

it would probably be so weird to say I love you guys....
LOL

I was frozen with fear for about 2 years same as you shrink anxiety antidepressants - all did no good. Without doubt i have a neurological illness I am much worse physically than 3 years ago. But I accepted there was sometning wrong and oneday I would know what but I had to live each day.
The 2 years gone are lost years .Please dont do the same.
god bless

Lotusbri, it's not easy but try to be strong and live each day the best you can. Like you I have terrible moments when fear and sadness drive me crazy and i can't do nothing but cry and there are moments when I still lough and i spend good moments with family and friends. You're not alone in this journey -hugs-

Do me a favour and check my posts from the beginning of the year.

The more you fear it, your anxiety will turn into the symptoms you are fearing - that's a fact. Everything I read, I had. Even now, 11 months on, I still twitch, I am still constantly exhausted, I'm dizzy - loads of things, however now I think 'don't care'... I promise this, the more you think about it (it was all I thought about 24 hours a day) you WILL feel worse. I ended up having a full blown breakdown... The worst 8 weeks of my life. I was so paranoid and stressed I was
Scratching at my skin, covered in red raw scratches, I was rocking in the corner unable to think if anything other than what I WAS FEELING!

One night at 11pm i called my poor mother to drive 6 miles to look at my tongue and measure my arm!

You ARE FINE.

Lotusbri,

I have only one piece of advice for you. Turn off your computer and embrace life. Doc tor Goo gle is exactly what you pay for. You have a choice that only you can make. Please make the right one and move on.

Hug your kids, something so simple but yet something so many of us can no longer do. Raise awareness and funds for your local MDA. Anything other than feeding our anx iety, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back