Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
UK
City
S H I R E .
I went for a Clinical Examination at the Neurologist's on Thursday. She said she did not think I had ALS. She found no weakness in the foot I thought was effected or anywhere. She also said I did not have muscle wasting Atrophy in that foot because I could 'bound around the room'. My reflexes were also ok, or at least she did not comment on them. I had no babinski reflex sign. So, my only symptoms she thought were fasciculations (which she could not get to cause happen when I we was there). However, this evening whilst lying on my stomach on my laptop, with my feet in the air, I got a foot cramp out of nowhere. It was in the other foot that I did not think was effected but could this be progression?
My Neurologist said that due to my no lack of weakness, normal reflexes, my age and the fact that fasciculations have been going on the since the July she doesn't think I have ALS. I'm so worried that this cramp is going to progress, does this and if these continue does it show the progression she said she didn't think I had? Has anyone had a normal Clinical Examination and still turned out to have ALS?

Thank You
Bughead0835

Just to add also I don't usually experience get foot cramp unless I stretch my foot in certains ways.

Nope. My three clinical exam had all the markers.

Did the neuro speak to you about anxiety? It can wreak havoc on a body.

Everyone experiences the likes of cramps, tics, constipation, spasms, pimples, headaches, nervousness, twinges and such at one time or another. It's best no to focus on these things. You can heal yourself today- stay off the web searching for answers- get out there in the world and have some fun exploring its wonders.

Bug head, you have so many reasons to be rejoicing right now,
You have a perfect clinical examination, no weakness, no atrophy, no ALS.

To put it in perspective for you
You do have common garden fasciculations, that a great majority of the population will experience at some time of their life.
You get a bit of foot cramp now and then, not a big deal. Many of the population could also put their hand up, to experiencing random bouts of unexplained cramping, in various muscles.
Your fixation on ALS is not healthy.
You've been to the Dr who has told you everything is fine. Now it's time to embrace that and move on.
As for your progression question.....progression of what? You have nothing to progress.

It's hard to fight health anxiety. It's nasty and if you let it, it can be debilitating. If you find it keeps driving you crazy, please get some treatment. I am not saying anxiety is causing your symptoms, rather being over anxious and ruminating on small bodily abnormalities, can become a horrible disorder in itself.

Take care

Bug head, you have so many reasons to be rejoicing right now,
You have a perfect clinical examination, no weakness, no atrophy, no ALS.

To put it in perspective for you
You do have common garden fasciculations, that a great majority of the population will experience at some time of their life.
You get a bit of foot cramp now and then, not a big deal. Many of the population could also put their hand up, to experiencing random bouts of unexplained cramping, in various muscles.
Your fixation on ALS is not healthy.
You've been to the Dr who has told you everything is fine. Now it's time to embrace that and move on.
As for your progression question.....progression of what? You have nothing to progress.

It's hard to fight health anxiety. It's nasty and if you let it, it can be debilitating. If you find it keeps driving you crazy, please get some treatment. I am not saying anxiety is causing your symptoms, rather being over anxious and ruminating on small bodily abnormalities, can become a horrible disorder in itself.

Take care

Thank You For Saying That.

Unfortunately my Neurologist didn't look at my foot in detal, which makes me still have doubt in my mind. My GP's have said they can see the difference and the dent in my foot but it is not muscle wasting Atrophy because no weakness first proceeding it. What I meant was that in ALS, does cramping indicate weakness coming? Is if I have twitches since July, would I definately have a change in abnormal reflexes by now? As I thought a change in abnormal reflexes and weakness were the first symptoms of ALS?

Thank You
Bughead0835

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back