Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
virginia
City
gainesville
Good morning all,

Sorry to bother you again with my symptoms, but I'm growing concerned again about the possibility of MND. I posted previously concerning what I thought were bulbar symptoms, and the consensus was that the symptoms did not sound like ALS, and my neurologist did not notice anything during our visit. My symptoms never went away, although some days are better than others which I'm told points away from ALS.

As I said above though, I've developed some new symptoms that have me concerned. For a few weeks now I've had a strange feeling in my left foot, almost as though there's a sock bunched up underneath my middle toe. I've also felt generally weak on my left side (I know about perceived weakness and clinical weakness, but it has to start somewhere right? You don't just wake up and suddenly can't walk). I've had a vibrating buzzing feeling slightly above my left knee - at first it was occasional but last night it lasted for probably a few hours. I have similar issues occurring in my left arm (feeling weak, buzzing/twitching). Rarely, I'll have a small amount of twitching on my right side so it's not entirely one-sided, but my right side does not share any of the feelings of weakness. I tried to watch my left leg during a buzzing/twitching episode and did not see any visible movement, for whatever that's worth.

I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone has to offer - thanks.

My own experience and symptoms are NOT at all as you have described. The only buzzing sensation I experience is directly linked to my Oral-B battery powered toothbrush.

I had hoped the recent "all clear " report from your neuro might have assuaged your fears. As I recall, you're early 20's? ALS is extremely rare in your age group. Please, see your GP again and candidly discuss your symptoms and concerns and please, Lanebryer, trust what he/she tells you.

As you were told before, you're fine.

Hi Lanebryer, I'm hoping that you're in contact with your doctor about your health issues and/or anxieties... No one here can say you have or don't have ALS, which I'm sure you already know. But at this point, did your doc find any clinical weakness or a positive Babinsky? The foot that's feeling weird, can you lift it normally, are you tripping over rugs, or any other signs of foot drop? I had all of those going on before I went to the doc, and remember that there are also other reasons, both neurological and spinal that can be causing the problem.

Having said all that, I did have a weird "lump" feeling on the foot that had foot drop, but I already had other symptoms, so I do not want to alarm you. Good luck, and try to not dwell on the worst outcome and hope for a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back