Learn about ALS
Country
No
State
Krakeroy
City
Norway
Hello!

Does anyone know if tremor is part of early als. My tremors are mostly in arms and hands wich I of course use the most... They are only presents after using my hands...etc..
I unfortunately read that tremor presents with als on the internet... If this is true, what causes these tremors in als?
I also have widespread fascikulations, but no weakness that I am aware of...

I use Escitalopram 10 mg per day and have done this for 3 months now. If the meds are causing tremors as a sideeffect I think they should be gone now, right?

I wish you all a nice day, appreciate answers:)

TIna

NO,NO................... !

Depression and anxiety................!

You do not have ALS !

Regards from Serbia !

Nikola :wink:

No. Tremor is a known unwanted effect of your medication, and it continues whilst you take the medication.

And depression and anxiety also may cause tremor; it has nothing to do with ALS, as Nikola has pointed out. I hope you feel better soon!

No. Tremor is a known unwanted effect of your medication, and it continues whilst you take the medication.

And depression and anxiety also may cause tremor; it has nothing to do with ALS, as Nikola has pointed out. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for your reply! The twitching and tremors makes me crazy!
I just thought the tremors would go away after a while after I started on Escitalopram...
...so tremors are not upper motor symptoms like I have heard?

Thanks again!:)

Hello!

Does anyone know if tremor is part of early als. My tremors are mostly in arms and hands wich I of course use the most... They are only presents after using my hands...etc..
I unfortunately read that tremor presents with als on the internet... If this is true, what causes these tremors in als?
I also have widespread fascikulations, but no weakness that I am aware of...

I use Escitalopram 10 mg per day and have done this for 3 months now. If the meds are causing tremors as a sideeffect I think they should be gone now, right?

I wish you all a nice day, appreciate answers:)

TIna
Can anyone pleeease explain why tremors is listed as a symptom of ALS in some internetpages? Very scared... is it because of muscleweaksness perhaps? My tremors occur bodywide, including face when I smile and so on...

Thank you!

I've never read that tremors are a symptom of ALS nor have I heard anyone on this forum complain of tremors. You are not qualified to recognize upper motor neuron signs after a few minutes of poking around on Google. Bottom line is you need to talk with your doctor about your issues. If the tremors started when you began the medication, wouldn't common sense dictate that the medication might be the culprit?

Tina

If a medication causes a particular effect in someone taking it then it will carry on causing that particular effect; there's nothing sinister in that. Equally there's nothing sinister in the fact that depression and anxiety can cause tremor; that's just the way biochemistry works.

You are asking us to explain why some people have put tremor as an ALS symptom on some web pages. If you stop and think about it you will realise that it's completely impossible for us to answer that question. The only people who could answer it are the people who wrote those web pages.

The fact that you are asking us to do the impossible suggests that your anxiety levels are so high that you don't even realise that you are asking us to do the impossible; perhaps you could consult your doctors about whether a change in your medication might be helpful. I wish you the best of luck!

They can be signs of upper motor neuron issues, I think, but ALS also involves lower motor neuron pathology and so the picture looks different than UMN alone. If tremor is the only issue, probably nothing to worry about.

seems you might be confusing tremor with clonus an upper motor sign...which in turn can be caused by loads of things...as anna said.......stick with your neuro for the long haul...then your still probably not get a clear diagnosed.....best to you, johnny

Just because you read something on the internet doesnt mean it is true.

Tremor is not an ALS sign. Don't believe everything you read! And certainly not tremors in the face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back