Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
nl
City
st. johnès
I have had varying symptoms for almost 2.5 years now. It started out with a single twitch in my right index finger. It soon spread to body wide twitches even in the tongue with a few muscle cramps in my leg. About 2 years ago i had to move a sofa and after walking about 1000 ft my left arm felt tired. I then had buzzing for the first summer in my left leg. All those symptoms have disappered over the last 6 to 8 months. I had an MRI and EMG last January that both came back negative. Everything was good until last week when I hurt my lower back and was doing exercise in which i'm lying on my stomach pushing upward to put my back into extension mode. As i got to my 6 or 7th rep i felt that tired achy feeling in the left arm 2 years later. I went to physio yesterday and he said the strength in both arms are even maybe the left being a little stronger. So i think i'm ok just a little nervous. I had all this put behind me until last week and now i'm concerned again. Any thoughts?

I think you've read here enough by now to know that pain is not a symptom of early ALS, nor is perceived weakness. As we say here almost daily, ALS does not cause sensory (buzzzing, tingling, numbness) issues either.

You've been cleared by EMG. I don't know what else to tell you. You don't have ALS, dear. Go and enjoy life--enjoy Christmas. Forget ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back