Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
VIC
City
Mel
Right, so I can swing a golf club after a fashion on the driving range but I can no longer put on socks, leggings or tights without a Herculean effort. Whatever's happening with me is confusing, confounding and continuous.

The same is becoming true of bottle lids. Not every bottle, but enough times that I've been stumped and having to ask someone else to give it a try. Which they invariably open with comparative ease. Went clothes shopping last week and gave up on anything complex as I was unable to handle the zips and clips. Stretchy clothes feel better anyway. Don't talk to me about fine motor coordination.

My GP has made a recommendation for an occupational therapist. I wouldn't have even considered this two or three months ago. Things aren't dire. I'm able to cope with pretty much everything that's going on but it's becoming a regular and persistent set of symptoms.

I now have an additional doctor in my team for pain management. Didn't want to do it, but another of my doctors pretty much forced it on me. Gabapentin is my 11th med in the current regime. I'm tired of this stuff.

What I'm dreading though is the need to step back into figuring out what's really happening. It's a merry-go-round that is tiring, anxiety and self-doubt inducing with often ambiguous results. I think I need to do it but I'm not looking forward to it, including going back to a neurologist.

Ugh.

Nobody can blame anyone for an occasional pity party. Its okay for a short time. I call it having a moment. I am sure everyone here can relate. Frustration is the biggest for me. Things I can do and can't. I just have to remind myself that it is a challenge and I will win, if I can't go over I go under or around. Just don't give up. Going to doctors and repeating everything over and over gets old quick but we do what we have to do until we find the right doctor who figures it out. Go ahead and rant you are entitled once in a while, it makes me feel better. Have a great thanksgiving.

Around here, "a vent" is short for "a ventilator". I was very confused by why someone considering a vent was still worried about whether they had ALS or not, heh.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't really ranting about anything in particular, but having a small pity party. Just needed to share some of my frustrations somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back